• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot's watch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I get the most compliments wearing this watch. It's nice, too, because it's a gold watch, which matches the gold brass and stripes of our uniform. Plus, Pulsar is known for quality watches.

Even Better: Timex Expedition w/ Indigo, $24.95 Calculator from Walgreen's @9.95 Use the other $47,965.10 for beer and a health club membership.:D

Amen!

I can't believe that people would pay thousands of dollars on freakin' watch for work. I hear you guys piss and moan about your stingy wages, then go out and spend more money on a watch than I did on my first two cars... combined.

The airplane has a built in clock that automatically syncs to the GPS signal and a timer, how precise do you need to be? Its not like you're timing the burn on the retro-rockets on the lunar landing module.

These are the best. They do the job just right. Armitron

They're useful to determine show times and other things
Poetic irony, this P.O.S. (Hulas's personal flecher), links up to wallymart!
Classic
PBR

Sweet..Is that a company issued watch?
Comes with the 25th year of service certificate(suitable for framing), the kick in the nuts comes during the presentation.
PBR

Whats wrong with the good ole Timex...I got ming for 22 dollars at JCPennys and its worked great for over 5yrs.

timex-mens-1440-t5j571.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w148/Mach-tuck/timex-mens-1440-t5j571.jpg

Last edited:
Casio G-shock. Mine just died after 7 years on the same battery. Just got a newer one.

+1. G-shock is the choice of the military operator (not Luminox, not Chase-Drawer). If you're looking for something a bit more high end that is mil-spec and is issued to the armed forces, try Marathon.

Forget the E6B stuff as well as all the fancy crap on something that's going to get banged up time and again. If you're afraid about batteries running out, go for a auto-mechanical watch.

As one guy on another board said about Breitling:

The motto for Brietling should be: "Because the closest you'll ever get to the flight deck will be the first class seat on a trans-Atlantic flight."

I never saw a pilot wear one....ever.

afraid about batteries running out, go for a auto-mechanical watch.

As one guy on another board said about Breitling:

The motto for Brietling should be: "Because the closest you'll ever get to the flight deck will be the first class seat on a trans-Atlantic flight."

I never saw a pilot wear one....ever.

I don't have one, but several (and I mean several) Captains I've flown with wear them, as do a couple first officers I've known (gifts, I guess). So I don't know what the "guy on the other board" was talking about but he's full of sh**. Just saying.

Latest resources

Back