• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot's watch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Omega Speedmaster Professional. Simple, classic design.

I have both a Rolex GMT II and a Breitling Aerospace. I really like them both, but I found the Breitling to have substandard workmanship at times. My Rolex is an amazing timepiece.

+1. G-shock is the choice of the military operator (not Luminox, not Chase-Drawer). If you're looking for something a bit more high end that is mil-spec and is issued to the armed forces, try Marathon.

Forget the E6B stuff as well as all the fancy crap on something that's going to get banged up time and again. If you're afraid about batteries running out, go for a auto-mechanical watch.

As one guy on another board said about Breitling:

The motto for Brietling should be: "Because the closest you'll ever get to the flight deck will be the first class seat on a trans-Atlantic flight."

I never saw a pilot wear one....ever.
Never met me then!

Alright, I'll cave. The Speedmaster is pretty sweet, especially if you can find a vintage non-automatic one.

My wife bought be the Omega Speedmaster Professional (3570.50) for our anniversary. It uses Calibre 1861, so I have to wind it every other day, but I absolutely love the watch.

I'm very happy with my Rolex GMT Master. Years before we got married I convinced my now wife that it would only be fair for her to get me a nice watch in return for her nice ring.

Latest resources

Back