• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots expected to picket Warren Buffett-owned NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you for giving up time with your family so people like G4 and myself can benefit.

I'll always remember what you guys have given up to do things like that. Pilots like G4 will look back and say he was right the pilot shortage did cause the better contract.

I know your resolve and dedication. I wasn't able to attend OMA and it kills me every time I think about it.

It's my honor to represent.

I actually believe the regime in place DOES understand how important it is to get it done.

Problem is, the man in Omaha refuses to give them the CASH to GET it done. So, a little reminder is in order.

This statement is perhaps one of the most important for all fractional pilots to remember right now - we can only get as much as they are allowed to give. Sometimes you have to be bold and creative to help them see the benefits of a well rested, well paid etc... crew. It works for owners at all levels and helping Warren along might just be what it's boiled down to now.

A guy living in the same house for 50 years is naturally going to be resistant to the needs of others, seeing their desires as fanciful and unnecessary. The only thing Warren is willing to spend extra cash on is to cover up things that embarrass him. Pickets are notoriously effective for him.

Any pilot not willing to walk the line to do their part in helping the negotiating committee get their point across to the real decision maker is selfishly delusional and grasping at straws with any excuse they come up with to avoid it. It's such a simple but proven effective technique, on Omaha especially. Why would anyone wait for some elusive pilot shortage to rear it's head in a few years when a picket could wrap this up in a few weeks?

Sorry to insert myself in your drama but I'm forward thinking about flex right now and very watchful of how it's going for you guys. Remember, all frac pilots are wanting nothing but success for you. Your win here sets the bar for the rest of us. Thank you for working not just for your group but our entire industry as well.

It is much appreciated. Any Flex pilot wearing one of our strike pins will never pay for a beer in my presence.

Unfortunately, with the advent of our own campaign and associated union paraphernalia, the company has rewritten the FOM to make this impossible. Crafty bastards. Without a CBA in place, they can do this and more at a moments notice.

I flew with a guy after hansel got fired.

He was saying can you believe the union took responsibility for him getting fired?

He truly believed that there was no connection between the two.

Sigh.

I think not. Let the negotiators do their thing.

How can they do their job without support?
And really, the pilot shortage will do nothing for us. We have been "talking" for what, about 3 yrs now. And it was not the pilot shortage that got JH and co fired.
I'm no left winger, and I don't buy that 100% of the time unions are always right. But it is just a sad and very real FACT that there are jobs that NEED them. Pilots and many other aviation jobs are some of those.
I'd be willing to bet that I am even farther right winged than you, but that does not place blinders on my eyes when it comes to the reality that there are certain jobs that require a strong union. Just think where we'd be at NJA without it. Really, think. Santulli has gone. Billy and AJ have not been the saviors you guys have been celebrating them to be upon their appointments, and the culture at work is toxic. What more do you need to wake you up?
Without support, the "pilot shortage" or whatever you think will help just aint gonna happen. Political POV is only as good as it is from looking through both sides, not just being a stalwart who refuses to accept the fact that one may be wrong.
Hell, I'd love to live in a union-free world. I'd take home another $100-something a month, not to mention additional contributions like the PAC, the furlough fund, and hostage fund. But the fact is that we do not have an honest and ethical corporate America anymore. Mom and Pop businesses are run out of town by megabusinesses, and the megabusinesses are so top-heavy in distribution that it is just sinful. How do they get this to happen? Low prices. How the low prices? Screwing the workers and the suppliers. And in safety related jobs, be it aviation, emergency services, nautical fare, trucking, or any other mass transportation, safety has taken a far-back seat to making the managements rich and the stockholders happy....even though it means compromising safety and grossly under-compensating the very same workforce that made it all possible.
I'm all for capitalism, big time. But for capitalism to work, there must be a corporate ethic to take care of the workforce. We don't seem to get that through BRK. THIS is why the middle class is disappearing. I'm not a "redistribute the wealth" guy at all. F*** that welfare state stuff. BUT, the monies made must fairly be distributed among the people who made it happen.
I remember how it was in the Marines....the junior enlisted ate first, then the NCOs, then Staff NCOs, and then finally the officers. Leadership was by example, not whip cracking and self-bloating fat cats. Too bad the rest of corporate America doesn't do things the same.
Sorry for the long sermon, but you need to get past the partisan mentality. This has nothing to do with being conservative or a leftist. Its simple, black and white, right vs wrong. And until people like you do your part, it will never change.

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin,
I'll belooking for you!!

I left NJA for a major a few months ago and I'll be there in DAL helping to replace at least one freeloader. Even though I don't work there anymore, a rising tide lifts all boats, and I'll do anything I can to help you guys get what you deserve. Keep fighting!

helping Warren along might just be what it's boiled down to now.

Helping Warren?... you mean Warren Buffet?... the Billionaire?

I don't think he needs your help, buddy. But kudos to you for being a great guy!

Like I said, it's laughable at this point.

THE plan is always just to extend and pretend.

Don't be silly, people like WB never give in. They just keep you thinking they will until one day you wake up and your of no use to them anymore anyway because your career is over, with a pension subject to much more counter-party risk then you realized, and extremely unlikely to survive another financial crisis.

But really, why is it so hard to see that as long as Warren knows that the EMT, union leaders, lawyers, and courts are in control of the process there is nothing for him to worry about. This is because they all have an interest in keeping this game going. No you say? Well, I say show me the contract!

The only thing that could keep Mr. B up at night is the possibility of a true organic strike. Midnight express style. And especially because there would be no Presidential interventions as we saw with Clinton in 1993, no shot, not on behalf of the wealthy private jet owners.

So even though NJA pilots have ALL of the power at their fingertips, they will be forever blind to it or just too afraid to wield it, its unthinkable to them.

There will never be an organic strike at NJA because the pilots just don't have the balls for something like that... And Warren knows this too.

I don't think he needs your help, buddy. But kudos to you for being a great guy!

Don't be silly, people like WB never give in. They just keep you thinking they will until one day you wake up and your of no use to them anymore anyway because your career is over, with a pension subject to much more counter-party risk then you realized, and extremely unlikely to survive another financial crisis.

But really, why is it so hard to see that as long as Warren knows that the EMT, union leaders, lawyers, and courts are in control of the process there is nothing for him to worry about. This is because they all have an interest in keeping this game going. No you say? Well, I say show me the contract!

The only thing that could keep Mr. B up at night is the possibility of a true organic strike. Midnight express style. And especially because there would be no Presidential interventions as we saw with Clinton in 1993, no shot, not on behalf of the wealthy private jet owners.

So even though NJA pilots have ALL of the power at their fingertips, they will be forever blind to it or just too afraid to wield it, its unthinkable to them.

There will never be an organic strike at NJA because the pilots just don't have the balls for something like that... And Warren knows this too.

You don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. Buffett cares about two things. One is untouchable, the other is fair game and under attack via the court system.

The real question is who is this guy who has been chosen to replace STW. The names change but the act never does.

"Cocaine's a helluva drug."

Latest resources

Back