• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Pilots don't mind making $16,000 per year because it's a stepping stone."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are we talking the 6-figures at which regional guys can top out? Or, are we talking about the 6-figures that senior wide-body guys were getting just a few years ago? One of those doesn't exist anymore but the paying-your-dues-part is still there.

Are we talking the 6-figures at which regional guys can top out? Or, are we talking about the 6-figures that senior wide-body guys were getting just a few years ago? One of those doesn't exist anymore but the paying-your-dues-part is still there.

Tell me where else you can work 3 days a week, and make between $40,000 and $100,000? Obviously not all at once, but within 3 years you are near or over 40. Then, working your way to 100 as a captain for the next 15 years.

Not as good as it used to be, but my job certainly is not that hard. My previous career paid a lot more, but I won't "work" for a living ever ever ever again.

Tell me where else you can work 3 days a week, and make between $40,000 and $100,000? Obviously not all at once, but within 3 years you are near or over 40. Then, working your way to 100 as a captain for the next 15 years.

Not as good as it used to be, but my job certainly is not that hard. My previous career paid a lot more, but I won't "work" for a living ever ever ever again.

If you're not working hard as a pilot then you're doing something wrong. You must suck to fly with. Talk about having to carry a dead weight.

Good pilots aren't born that way. They WORK HARD to be good. Nevermind, I don't think you'll get it. Go back to your Ipod.

and there you have it folks, why we will never get back to where our profession should be. i don't know what has been worse (for our profession) the "greedy baby boomers" or the current 20 something "commercial multi engine wet ink certificates to RJ aces"

"Pilots don't mind making $16,000 per year because it's a stepping stone."

How about having to go back to making $16k/yr two...three...possibly more times due to furloughs/layoffs? Do you mind it then?

If you're not working hard as a pilot then you're doing something wrong. You must suck to fly with. Talk about having to carry a dead weight.

Good pilots aren't born that way. They WORK HARD to be good. Nevermind, I don't think you'll get it. Go back to your Ipod.

Learn your job, do it right. I know my job. I do it right. The basic fact is, this job is NOT hard. It just isn't.

Have you ever worked hard? I mean, you know, worked? Studying your OM doesn't count as hard work. Knowing your procedures doesn't count either. Actually DOING your procedures...nope, not hard. In fact, I find flying standard easier than flying non-standard. (Everyone is on the same page.)

So tell me, oh hard working one, where does the hard work come in? Being on duty for 16 hours isn't desirable, but it isn't difficult. Flying for 6 legs a day is a lot of work, but it isn't difficult. Occasionally things happen to get your blood pressure up. They are RARE.

Working hard, and hard work are different things. This job is not hard work.

Latest resources

Back