• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots at Airtran pick up open time???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gt1900...you must be an F/O to have that many hours racked up so far this month.

We have 32% of our Captains on Reserve or BuildUp. A number that high reeks of management incompetence. There is no CA open time. All these guys are going to be sitting around doing nothing for the month and still getting paid 70 hr. guarantee.

Note to Union: On the next contract you better have a cap (8%) on the number of RSV/BU lines the Company can create. Oh, I forgot...none of you guys are affected by this since you are all so senior in your seats, so you probably haven't even given a thought to this idea.

Just curious FF.. How do you only have 61 hours of credit??? Do you have vacation??
I had a reserve line with 13 off. That's a credit of 59:30. One overnite, 1 RRR period and a stand-up assigned for later this month. Adds up to 62-ish credit. Including the future standup, I have 6.5-ish block for the month so far.

GT1900, what kind of pizzas are you sending to scheduling. Just kidding.

Like Flyfast, I have only blocked 6.5 hours during my first 6 reserve days. I need to fly a little more or my shoulder might fall off from playing so much tennis. Thankfully, my fiancee watches Suze Orman and listens to Dave Ramsey so she understands living within our means when I say the credit is only going be 70 hours for quite a while. The days of the 100+ credit reservists are gone, at least for Captains.

GT1900, what kind of pizzas are you sending to scheduling. Just kidding.

Like Flyfast, I have only blocked 6.5 hours during my first 6 reserve days. I need to fly a little more or my shoulder might fall off from playing so much tennis. Thankfully, my fiancee watches Suze Orman and listens to Dave Ramsey so she understands living within our means when I say the credit is only going be 70 hours for quite a while. The days of the 100+ credit reservists are gone, at least for Captains.

Tennis did I hear? Do you live in ATL?

The companies know what they need to furlough to reduce costs to an acceptable level. I don't see picking up open time as keeping you on the street. Those trips are going to be flown no matter what.

Why shouldn't the senior guys still be able to fly as much as they want? Everybody always talks about the benefits of seniority but why should a senior pilot suffer? Its not his fault you got hired after he did.

F$%#ing A$$hole. Typical senior eat their young attitude. Picking up open time now will not only keep the furloughed on the street, it will set a precedent that you will be stuck with later. It may even lead to more furloughs because people like you will always pick up more time. It isn't all about you. I can't wait until you have to start over at the bottom somewhere. Lets see how your attitude changes.

Take your emotion out of the argument. What I'm talking about is different from striking. I'm all for supporting brothers during a strike. I wouldn't cross a picket line.

I don't know of many, if any, companies that require all the employees to take a pay cut so they don't layoff workers. It happens, I'm sure, but not the norm. This is a different scenario and we all know it sucks for the bottom man on the totem pole.

Nobody wants you to take a pay cut. Just don't pick up open time. Each hour you pick up simply keeps one guy on the street.

Latest resources

Back