Pilots and Alcohol

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
User997 said:
:eek: Then we have another guy thats an alcoholic, and once he gets drinking he's not going to stop until he gets thrown out of the estabishment. Have had to defuse a couple potential bar fights for this guy.

Sorry Mate. New Year's res. is to lighten up on the drink.;)
Some of the best "debriefs" have been held with a cold beer and a warm
whiskey. It's the girls who keep asking for a lap dance that are the problem?:erm:

Just a kid said:
From reading the board for a while, I get the feeling that airplane pilots, at least the ones who post here, pride themselves being a hard-ridin', hard-drinkin' lot. (Although the poll suggests that we rarely fly under the influence.)

I think I may have been the only non-drinking tactical fighter pilot in the history of the USAF. Now I wonder if I'm the only non-drinking airplane pilot in the history of aviation, J-3's through F-100's, at least.

My bet is I'm utterly alone. Anybody challenge my claim?

Duude, ifn you aints likin to drink, then dats cool wit me. Its dem dudes dat be tryin to like try to be gettin all dem udder peeps to be quittin dat aint cool.

I try to like lay off da juice, unless Im postin on good ole flightinfo.com, den I gots to be havin numrus brewskis, cause it helps me to keep it real and show the love.

Merry and Happy Kharma to all da peeps an to ALL a good night!!!

Well for those of us that work for the non-scheds where scheduling is always in crisis mode refer to an adult beverage "controlling my future 8 hours at a time". No alcohol problems here.

You ain't the only one that doesn't drink- neither do I. My father cured it easily, by letting me take a sip of his warm Pabst Blue Ribbon. It tasted horrible, and I have never had a desire to imbibe in alchohol again.

Now myinstructor- I know she drinks (and smokes). I probably would too if I had to put up with what a CFI does...In fact, I haven't met another pilot who doesn't drink...but I am not going to try to get others to quit.

I also don't drink coffee- don't like the taste...just gimme a mountain dew or a coke and I'm good to go. I do have to say, it is amazing the amount of money I save that would be spent on alchohol and cigerettes by not using those products. I do make up for it by only eating meat and potatoes, no green stuff, thank you very much

Latest resources

Back