Pilot = Women are impressed???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MagicRat said:
This is a variation on this topic that maybe some of you fellow married guys have also encountered:

It seems like whenever people ask my wife what her husband does for a living and she says pilot, their first response is something along the lines of:

1. "Oh, does he cheat on you?"

2. "How can you trust him?"

3. Some other variation on pegging all of us as womanizers/cheaters.

It pisses me off that people I've never even met would make such a judgment about me, and I think it can't help but hurt my wife's feelings a little bit, even though she deflects it well.

For the record, I've never cheated on anyone I've ever dated, least of all my wife. And I never will.

But I wish I had a smart-ass response for these incredibly rude strangers whose first assumption upon learning that I'm a pilot is that I must therefore be a scumbag. Any suggestions?

Try.....Well let's see, you have a pu$$y, are you a prostitute? Or if you want to be a little more polite you can use.....If you're volunteering, I'm sorry, you're to ugly.

:D

I response to the original post, usually it is more of a hinderance than a help. For the most part, the first thing women think when they find out you're a pilot is...he makes LOTS of money. The second thing they think is...he has a girlfriend in every town.

The only time I ever had any positive response from being a pilot was several years ago. I had a motorcycle wreck and was in the hospital. One of the nurses found out that I was a pilot. (I didn't tell her.) We dated for a short time, but one day she told me she wanted someone who would go to church with her every Sunday, no smoking, no drinking, and no cussing. I thought, she doesn't know pilots very well, does she.

I once had some fun with the pilot thing though. I was in a bar and told a gal there that I was a test pilot for the Space Shuttle program. She got all excited. Then I blew it. I told here we did all the test flying at a small grass strip just outside of town. (That was in NE Mississippi.) :nuts: Other than that, being a pilot has hurt with the women more than helped. The usual reaction is...I would never date a pilot. :bawling:

I wonder if being in the CAP helps get you the ladies at all...? :laugh:

Not to hijack, but I went over to their building yesterday to see if they could help me get onto the airport (gate code was changed - airport admin was closed). As soon as I knocked on the door an avalanche of 15-ish looking boy scouts in camo and RayBans poured out...none of them could give me access or point me to someone who could. I don't know what goes on in that hangar of theirs but it was like they didn't wanna give me the time of day.

Someone fill me in on WTF is with these guys. Are they a cult or something?

MFR

coloneldan said:
We dated for a short time, but one day she told me she wanted someone who would go to church with her every Sunday, no smoking, no drinking, and no cussing. I thought, she doesn't know pilots very well, does she.

Heyas Col Dan,

I pretty much agree with that.

I've seen a LOT of guys in the last 5-6 years get divorced rather "sponaneously" through no fault of their own.

Just hard working Joes, doing their best to make a life. In debt up to their a$$ to make sure the little woman and the kids are in the latest fashions and the newest SUV.

Then one day, because the guy is working 80 hours a week, the woman comes home and says "I'm not happy, satisfied, blah blah blah" and takes off. Reams the guy in court, and he's left living in an appliance box underneath a bridge with a "what the F?!?" look on his face.

If you have ANY sort of assets these days, and I mean ANY, I fully recommend a pre-nup. If she won't sign, run, don't walk, as there a plenty of other fish in the sea.

That goes for the ladies, too.

Nu

"Im an RJ Captain" may get you laid in the trailerpark, but thats about the extent of it these days fella.

And just what's wrong with doin' it in the double-wide ?
Granted, you might end up on an episode of "COPS", but it's still loggable.....

Hey NuGuy, I absolutely agree. Of course there are exceptions, but women seem to think they can have everything for nothing. If you spend all your time with them, you aren't able to provide the type of lifestyle they want. (Not enough money.) If you work hard to provide the lifestyle they want "you are never home, you don't care about me, you're un-available." There doesn't seem to be a middle ground for that type. Either you follow them around like a puppy and don't have any money, or you make them money, but they complain about not being the priority in your life. If you try to balance it out, they complain about not enough money AND not being the priority. Believe me, I speak from personal experience.

You want to hear a scary story? Several years ago I was talking to a 24 year old gal who worked for the FBO I was working at. Nothing serious, just talking. She said, "My idea of marriage is, you find a guy, get pregnant, marry him, divorce him, take half his stuff, then find someone else to do it to." That is almost a direct, word for word quote. She was 24, had 3 kids by 2 different guys and had been divorced 3 times. What is even scarier, several months later, I ran into another gal that told me almost exactly the same thing.

Who wants to have to deal with that crap? I know there are good women out there. I know where one is right now. She is a good friend of mine and she is married to another good friend of mine. There have got to be more like her. The problem for me is, I'm too good at finding the other type. :rolleyes:

I was on a cross country flight back in my student pilot days and was getting a burger at the airport diner. I started talking to a girl and ended up telling her that I had flown in. When she asked what I was flying, I pointed out on the ramp to a large cargo plane that was there for an upcoming airshow. I said, "see that, that's a C-5, I fly a C-150."

You can still impress women when you tell them you're a pilot these days, you just have to use a little imagination.

sleddriver71 said:
I said, "see that, that's a C-5, I fly a C-150."

You can still impress women when you tell them you're a pilot these days, you just have to use a little imagination.

ROFLMAO That is the best one I've heard in a long time!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back