Pilot = Women are impressed???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gofish said:
You know what...the pilot occupation is the last thing I ever tell a woman (or anybody for that matter) and only if asked. Really...who cares...its just a job and doesn't have anything to do with life. Better to talk to a woman and find out what makes her tick; exploring every little nuance of her psyche and then hopefully...explore her body.

Ahhhh...a SNAP.

GV

AA717driver said:
I've always said the quickest way to get laid is to not shave for a couple of days, throw on a Carhart jacket, nice (but dusty) work boots and drive a Ford F-150 (with the stainless steel tool locker in the bed). Go to any bar where they do line dancing and you're set.

You don't want to look too scruffy so they'll believe you when you tell them you're a job site supervisor. TC

Ya gotta be careful doin' this kinda stuff. At Gulfstream, a fifty-something pilot ended up married to a 22 year old this way.

GV

On our second date, I brought my g/f to my place to watch a movie & drink a bottle of wine. She saw a pic of me the day I first soloed a glider (it was taken just before we started dating). Gotta admit, it was a great pic... sitting in the middle of a farm field, canopy open, strapped in, ballcap and shades giving a thumbs up. She thought the glider thing was way cool and was very impressed. Right on, this is going to be my night... I thought. In the same stack of pics, she found a pic of me on the day I'd taken my instrument checkride (taken about 6 months prior) and just laughed... it was quite a dorky pic next to a mighty 172. To say the least, we ended up watching the entire movie if you know what I mean.

It's all good though, that g/f ended up being the wonderful woman with whom I'm about to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

This is a variation on this topic that maybe some of you fellow married guys have also encountered:

It seems like whenever people ask my wife what her husband does for a living and she says pilot, their first response is something along the lines of:

1. "Oh, does he cheat on you?"

2. "How can you trust him?"

3. Some other variation on pegging all of us as womanizers/cheaters.

It pisses me off that people I've never even met would make such a judgment about me, and I think it can't help but hurt my wife's feelings a little bit, even though she deflects it well.

For the record, I've never cheated on anyone I've ever dated, least of all my wife. And I never will.

But I wish I had a smart-ass response for these incredibly rude strangers whose first assumption upon learning that I'm a pilot is that I must therefore be a scumbag. Any suggestions?

A Squared said:
Umm, I think that's the point, it's not, really. I'm a bit skeptical that the scene always plays out quite like you say. Even the freshest newbies have all heard (or used) the line : "I'm in high speed aluminum tubing" (yuk yuk yuk snort) :rolleyes:

Good Lord...you are a bit skepictal? I was being humorous in reference to the topic. No I haven't actually said that seriously. Why don't you get all ruffled at they guy who said he's the manager at the Geek Squad. Do you think he actually says this? Maybe he does, but probably not. It was a humorous comment, which, due to the overly literal interpretation by a few, has lost it's punch. Jeez.

MagicRat said:
This is a variation on this topic that maybe some of you fellow married guys have also encountered:

It seems like whenever people ask my wife what her husband does for a living and she says pilot, their first response is something along the lines of:

1. "Oh, does he cheat on you?"

2. "How can you trust him?"

3. Some other variation on pegging all of us as womanizers/cheaters.

It pisses me off that people I've never even met would make such a judgment about me, and I think it can't help but hurt my wife's feelings a little bit, even though she deflects it well.

For the record, I've never cheated on anyone I've ever dated, least of all my wife. And I never will.

But I wish I had a smart-ass response for these incredibly rude strangers whose first assumption upon learning that I'm a pilot is that I must therefore be a scumbag. Any suggestions?
That happened to my wife once. Her response... "I told them that if that ever happened they could have me." Then she mentioned something about the book "The ransom of Red Chief" and started to laugh. :0

Actually, when my oldest daughter was in elementary school one of her teachers asked her what her daddy did for a living. Her answer: "Nothing, he's a pilot."

'Sled

CFIcare said:
Good Lord...you are a bit skepictal? I was being humorous in reference to the topic. No I haven't actually said that seriously. Why don't you get all ruffled at they guy who said he's the manager at the Geek Squad. Do you think he actually says this? Maybe he does, but probably not. It was a humorous comment, which, due to the overly literal interpretation by a few, has lost it's punch. Jeez.

Dont be mistaken I have actually said that. Its funny to be something so ridiculous at a bar b/c who gives a shat. Ive been a veterinarian, Lear pilot on layover from Denver, a bartender, a lowly aircraft cleaner (not a lie), aircraft sales person, 7th year senior among other lies. Matter of fact, Id like to take a poll and see what you guys have tried and pulled off in your day. b/c we all know we're only pilots when the cute ones are around.

CFIcare said:

*edit* OK, I was being unnecessrily harsh. I apologize

Last edited:
h25b said:
By the incredible detail you use in making this suggestion it would appear that you have indeed tried this out...:eek:

Hey, that's what works at the Edinburg outlet mall... ;)

P.S.--I tried wearing my pilot uniform at the Franklin Wal-Mart but they thought I was a security guard. :( TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back