• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot = Women are impressed???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reactions that I get from females fall into four general categories, and this is after them having to ask me what I do--I'll always tell someone, but only if they ask first. I'm modest.

Anyway, the categories are:

1. Being sociopathicly attracted because they think that pilots are risk takers and womanizers.
2. Being impressed because they see that it's unique, complex, and interesting work.
3. Apathy; ambivalence.
4. Avoiding me because they think that I'm a risk taker and/or a womanizer.

Ideally, I look for reaction #2. (Read I'm extremely unlikely to reciprocate interest unless I get reaction #2.)

-Goose

Last edited:
CFIcare said:
...I say I'm in the high speed pressurized aluminum tubing industry

OK Maverick...

:rolleyes:

stop with that crap.

I test their reactions and if it's not happening, I hand them the attorney business card. Just joking. Sort of. Can't really answer the original poster's question without getting into a lot of variables--not the least of which is you, the guy. Unfortunately, a lot of times, I have to explain that the idiot, possibly intoxicated, non-instrumented 70 hour jerk who nearly killed her is not the same as the ATP certificated instructor she is talking to. This after she tells me the horror story of the previous flight with Bozo the Clown (just described). There is a fair amount of that out there, too. The real test is actually taking her up. I've had many memorable dates which involved flying. But I think you, as a person, are going to be at least 50% responsible for her reaction. Are women "impressed" by you generally? (Rhetorical question.) But telling her and taking her up are two different things. And, as I said in my post, above, "As compared to what"?

Last edited:
The only people who are impressed by pilots are the pilots who are impressed by themselves.

Axel said:
The only people who are impressed by pilots are the pilots who are impressed by themselves.

No, I don't believe that's true at all.

I tell lots of people I'm a pilot (usually they ask about the green flight jacket or the oversized Ray-ban Aviators I wear). Most times, once I tell them I fly a Gulfstream (we Gulfstream pilots usually call it a "G-whizz") and where I've been lately, they just stare, speechless.

Now, that's respect. And THAT makes it ALL worth it. TC

;)

Almost all are impressed with me until the first date when I tell them I can't afford a car and that they'll have to pick me up at my parent's house.

Saw some real hotties getting off a G-III recently. It pulled up next to our Citation at SDM Customs. We were both coming in from Cabo. Don't think they were close personal friends of the Captain, though, but who knows? But, hey,
I'd have to take my best shot with the attorney card and some natural charm if I'm up against a smooth-talkin' G-whizz driver. Maybe don't even disclose my CE-500 ATP.

$$$4nothin said:
I would not suggest trying the pilot line any where in FL. though. Especially around the Daytona Beach area.

Why is that? Are people sick of the wanna be "Riddle" pilots? Or just the enormous amount of air traffic?
just wondering never hung out around that area

When I walk into a bar I sit right down next to the best looking girl in the place, dosent matter if she is alone or not. Throw my license right out on the bar where she can see it, never saying a word, within five minutes we are in the bathroom fornicating.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back