Pilot = Women are impressed???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GVFlyer said:
Ya gotta be careful doin' this kinda stuff. At Gulfstream, a fifty-something pilot ended up married to a 22 year old this way.
GV

GV--So how is the little lady these days? :laugh: ;) TC

AA717driver said:
Hey, that's what works at the Edinburg outlet mall... ;)

My wife used to kill time working at "The Gap" outlet there. I remember her telling me about calling the authorities about a man fitting your description... :D

MagicRat said:
This is a variation on this topic that maybe some of you fellow married guys have also encountered:

It seems like whenever people ask my wife what her husband does for a living and she says pilot, their first response is something along the lines of:

1. "Oh, does he cheat on you?"

2. "How can you trust him?"

3. Some other variation on pegging all of us as womanizers/cheaters.

It pisses me off that people I've never even met would make such a judgment about me, and I think it can't help but hurt my wife's feelings a little bit, even though she deflects it well.

For the record, I've never cheated on anyone I've ever dated, least of all my wife. And I never will.

But I wish I had a smart-ass response for these incredibly rude strangers whose first assumption upon learning that I'm a pilot is that I must therefore be a scumbag. Any suggestions?

really!???

I thought about the only benefit to being a pilot was that you can hook up with chiks far away and your wife never finds out?

WTF am I missing here?

:eek:

Clear-&aMillion said:
Not asking if being a pilot "gets" the women, but when you tell them are they impressed???

Yeah, I found it impressed the last few girls I've gone out w/ since getting my license. And that was primarily in FL, where there are tons of pilots. But you have to be cool about it. Just blurting out the fact you're a pilot is lame. If it comes up naturally, in my experience they are quite impressed. Even more so when you take them flying (not a 1st date thing btw, more like a 4th).

Yeah, if you can get them into the plane (voluntarily, not like Rice normally does--plastic tie wraps and duct tape... :D ) you'll probably get laid.

It's getting past the "well, I'm a pilot" without being voted off the island that is the tough part.TC

AA717driver said:
Yeah, if you can get them into the plane (voluntarily, not like Rice normally does--plastic tie wraps and duct tape... :D ) you'll probably get laid.

It's getting past the "well, I'm a pilot" without being voted off the island that is the tough part.TC

RICE!?? --- RICE!!!??

that boy couldnt get laid in Bangkok with a fistful of $50's!!!

:eek: :) ;)

when i went to eastern europe all the girls were really into me. i think it's because i told them i'm a pilot.

Why don't you guys ask NW_Pilot? He's at a nightclub in (Ohio?) tonight stuck with wx... I'm sure he could tell ya if playing the pilot card works...;)

MFR

Latest resources

Back