• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot shortage solved

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IMO, you owe every express pilot an opportunity at a new job where delta flies RJs and your jets are part of your fleet.
Novel idea I know.
Time for this 25 year circus act to end

Why? It's free training. Where else is someone gonna get trained for the big leagues?

XJ....it's not a great deal but the more you post, the more I wonder if you really feel Delta OWES you a job? Serious question.

You can straight up apply instead of waiting for your number to be called....it's that simple. Everybody is hiring, do you have your apps out for others?

Most Endeavor guys feel like they are owed a fair shot. Endeavor management may disagree with the pilot group on what a fair shot is, that's fine. However, our VP of ops (delta guy) admitted the SSP wasn't working when pressed, PR has been lying about the SSP pass rate by calling all the "no, come back next year" as a yes and admits as much.

By the way, many are hiring, I was able to leave, and so will most of the seniority list if offered, which leaves a 160million dollar investment failing for Delta which effects Delta employee profit sharing. Endeavor pilots, those that remain, get none of that. If a captain for endeavor has a better chance at getting hired a year from now anywhere (in cumilative) compared to Delta (by itself) and new hires can't be found to replace them, this is a pile of money that was just set on fire.

Not my problem anymore, so discount if you wish.

Most Endeavor guys feel like they are owed a fair shot. Endeavor management may disagree with the pilot group on what a fair shot is, that's fine. However, our VP of ops (delta guy) admitted the SSP wasn't working when pressed, PR has been lying about the SSP pass rate by calling all the "no, come back next year" as a yes and admits as much.

By the way, many are hiring, I was able to leave, and so will most of the seniority list if offered, which leaves a 160million dollar investment failing for Delta which effects Delta employee profit sharing. Endeavor pilots, those that remain, get none of that. If a captain for endeavor has a better chance at getting hired a year from now anywhere (in cumilative) compared to Delta (by itself) and new hires can't be found to replace them, this is a pile of money that was just set on fire.

Not my problem anymore, so discount if you wish.

No discount here, I agree, every Endeavour pilot deserves a fair shot. They fly our people, they took a hard gunshot in bankruptcy and should be given a chance.

Delta looks at it like "hey, if we hire them , we have to train two people because we are emptying our own cupboard of cheap labor!" It's wrong, but it's business.

That was a bankruptcy gun put to the head and they asked if they would rather just pull the trigger themselves by voting yes. I was skeptical myself whenI heard of that plan.

So where'd you end up that it isn't your problem anymore? I hope it works for you and your family.

The age limit will be removed, but it won't make a lot of difference, because medicals will be strengthened, so more under 65 guys will fail the medical, thus making up most of the difference for the over 65 guys staying in the cockpit.

I doubt that cliff. Every time a Capt has a heart attack inflight(2 at UAL in the last year alone---one guy died), there's another "nail in the coffin" for over age 65 flying at the airlines. Unlikely.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I doubt that cliff. Every time a Capt has a heart attack inflight(2 at UAL in the last year alone---one guy died), there's another "nail in the coffin" for over age 65 flying at the airlines. Unlikely.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Have you not learned GL? Cliff always speaks the truth. If he says it will happen, it will happen.

Well, for the first time, I did hear from a capt that there is a pursuit of no age limit for the First Officer.....

:-/

I predicted it, but ....c'mon

Well, for the first time, I did hear from a capt that there is a pursuit of no age limit for the First Officer.....

:-/

I predicted it, but ....c'mon

Good news for career SWAPA PFO's like you wavey....congrats!

I don't see how that would affect me one way or the other- I just think it would suck for all the pilots trying to get on at majors
This generation keeps pulling the rope up

No age limit for FOs probably wouldn't affect hiring to much going forward. When you combine EGO with age, and today's schedules, only a handful would persevere.

A handful of broke pilots with a modicum of health and stamina, and less EGO.

Latest resources

Back