Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

http://news.delta.com/Endeavor_to_Delta

It would seem to me that you can scrap your Delta app. I'm guessing that Delta hires both military and civilian pilots. If the civilian pilots come from Endeavor can we then assume they won't come from the "stack"?

Slick move by Delta. It keeps Endeavor stacked with pilots despite the contract. Keeps the Delta RJs flying despite the low wages and lack of pilots. Your move United and American.

Too bad this "flow" requires 2 years as a captain at a company that currently has 7-year FOs and has downgraded captains. Anyone who thinks this is a fast track path to Delta isn't paying attention. As for keeping the RJs staffed...exactly. That's about it. Nevermind the message this sends to existing 9E pilots whom this doesn't apply...

The company is creating a divided culture and it's exactly what they want. To fill seats, have a supply of bodies and destroy morale.

1) the pilots brought it on themselves by showing they'll take whatever is given, and deserve no sympathy for what the company will do to them as a result.

2) no new hire should be allowed to touch the controls, an adversarial culture is what they want, and they should get it.

3) this will not ensure endeavor's survival. Attrition will out-pace hiring even more.

I'll repeat, endeavor is gone after the 2015 rate reset.

Curious, how can anyone with only the creds to work at a regional, ever be hired using Delta mainlines tough standards? Me thinks they are not truly using Delta standards...

The company is creating a divided culture and it's exactly what they want. To fill seats, have a supply of bodies and destroy morale.

1) the pilots brought it on themselves by showing they'll take whatever is given, and deserve no sympathy for what the company will do to them as a result.

2) no new hire should be allowed to touch the controls, an adversarial culture is what they want, and they should get it.

3) this will not ensure endeavor's survival. Attrition will out-pace hiring even more.

I'll repeat, endeavor is gone after the 2015 rate reset.

In the name of professionalism and keeping Delta on of the finest airlines in the world, I think that the Endeavor instructors and check airmen should make sure that every single one of these new hires is held to the highest standards. It's never too soon to fly to Delta cockpit standards!

Adversity is the best teacher, never forget that.

Soooo...how long before Endevor requires pilots to pay for their training? You know...it being an "investment" in your future and all. You have to pay your dues you know. :uzi:

I guess, the devil is in the details. If it was a "guaranteed" number on the Delta seniority list, it will attract some candidates, but the real issue is the guarantee.

Rest assured every current member on the list will be outraged at their lack of a guarantee. It seems that most likely they will be able to circumnavigate all CBA agreements if they make the offer to new hires before they are employees at Endeavor, further infuriating current pilots.

It seems like it might be a bumpy road for new hires to exist at Endeavor after they agree to this deal, but if a number on the Delta list is forthcoming a lot of qualified folks will stand up and take notice.

What happens if Endeavor ceases to exist before your ability to make the jump to Delta? Again, the devil is in the details. I would have a qualified contract lawyer look at the deal before ever signing on to join the mess that is currently in place.

In the name of professionalism and keeping Delta on of the finest airlines in the world, I think that the Endeavor instructors and check airmen should make sure that every single one of these new hires is held to the highest standards. It's never too soon to fly to Delta cockpit standards!

Adversity is the best teacher, never forget that.

Surely you jest....I hope anyway?:nuts:

Latest resources

Back