Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot shortage, coming soon to an airline near you.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The key will be to put controls on the ab-initio program, this is where we can take back this profession. It's going to take pilots to train pilots, if we can keep the number of incoming pilots in our favor we can get the pay back.

Mesa Air Group would like to announce new Pilot minimums of 500 hours of total time and 100 hours of multi-engine time. Mesa remains committed to our current hiring standards and looks forward to hearing from pilots who meet, come close or exceed the new minimums.

Mesa Air Group is planning on hiring approximately 600 pilots in 2007 into all equipment, CRJ, ERJ-145, DHC-8 and Beech 1900 . Pilots interested in seeking an interview should complete in full and publish their application on-line at www.airlineapps.com
. If you have any questions please email [email protected].
Sincerely,
Pilot Recruiting
Mesa Airlines

As much as I oppose it, GA user fees might play a big part in restoring pilot pay in the coming years. GA user fees will further limit the amount of flight training resulting in greater pilot shortages. I'm not sure where the airlines think they'll be getting pilots from, but I'm sure they aren't looking that far into the future.

As a prospective professional pilot, I agree. I haven't even finished my PPL yet and if these user fees go through, depending on how bad they are a lot of people including me would have to reconsider other options. While pay definately needs to go up, I'd hate to see it come from user fees.

They are all getting desperate....expect parked planes and cancelled flights.

eagle.gif

American Eagle Airlines will be conducting a Pilot Job Fair in the Chicago area on Saturday, March 10, 2007. The fair will be held at the Holiday Inn Select-O’Hare 10233 West Higgins Road, Rosemont, IL 60018. A presentation will begin at 10:00 a.m. and will be followed by prescreening interviews and the scheduling of qualified applicants to come to Dallas to complete our interview process. Please bring a resume’ or complete an application online at www.americaneaglecareers.com and bring the application with you to the job fair. American Eagle will be hiring 700 new First Officers for 2007 and has recently implemented a base guarantee program, with selection made prior to the start of training. For further information, please contact American Eagle Pilot Recruitment at [email protected].

Karen Floyd
American Eagle
Pilot Recruitment

As much as I oppose it, GA user fees might play a big part in restoring pilot pay in the coming years. GA user fees will further limit the amount of flight training resulting in greater pilot shortages. I'm not sure where the airlines think they'll be getting pilots from, but I'm sure they aren't looking that far into the future.

Very interesting spin. I just watched the Head Fed MB on CSPAN this morning. WTF?!?! But back on point...
There are fewer students starting, fewer CFI's because the regionals are hiring, and the regional are growing. Now the price of training is going up. In the late 80's, it was $50/hr of DUAL in a 152 or $55/hr in a 172 ($35-40/hr solo). Now it up 3x. Add user fees...ouch. With that said, if LSA's, like the Cessna Sport, are integrated into mainstream training/rental fleets, the cost will come down. Time will tell.

The regionals are sucking pilots through the system and leaving a void at the CFI level. This leaves students high and dry a shortag on the supply side. So, the flights school will have to raise the pay (and price) for the CFI's in order to retain them. Again, the price of training will increase. It's a vicious cycle.

does anyone remember sept 11th.. well were never gonna make the good pay, get it out of your f-in head and just be happy your not answer telephones or grilling burgers. im glad i fly with idiots, oh yeah the 1945 hats we wear are f-ing gay too, id much rather have spikey hair with highlights and skateboard through the terminal with my ipod, atleast i would get some softail unlike all these gay old miserable pilots i fly with

Wow someone is not a happy camper...................^

Hi!

Tyler 24:
My buddy and I are cracking up in our crashpad.

U Da Man!!!

cliff
yip

does anyone remember sept 11th.. well were never gonna make the good pay, get it out of your f-in head and just be happy your not answer telephones or grilling burgers. im glad i fly with idiots, oh yeah the 1945 hats we wear are f-ing gay too, id much rather have spikey hair with highlights and skateboard through the terminal with my ipod, atleast i would get some softail unlike all these gay old miserable pilots i fly with
Post of the year right there!

I think the drop in enrolllment in pro pilot training can also be attributed to changes in the student loan programs. In order to attend one of the puppy mills you either pay cash, or go through Sallie Mae or Keybank. These lenders finally wised up after a couple of schools closed up shop and split with the students money. I believe schools have to be title IV approved in order for these banks to lend money, which most aren't. I think a lot of the flight schools are starting to get the title IV status but it takes time. I went through Key bank a couple of years ago. I regret it everyday..

Key bank sucks!!! Just ask me, $130,000 in the hole, for a $20,000/yr job? Wow you wonder why high school grads aren't rushing for a pilot career!?!?!?

Latest resources

Back