Pilot Dreams

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

race#53

Anyone else have a recurring dream that you are taking off and wires keep getting in your way and you are not sure if you should climb or dive to miss them?
Another that you are backing up the car and the more you press on the brakes the faster you go?

Anyone care to add others?

PS, i am not sleeping tonight!!!

No, but I did have a dream last night that a giraffe was trying to kill me.

I had a dream that I pedaled (as in bicycle pedals) a 727 from LAX to ONT. Even shot an ILS, while pedaling, through a low scattered layer.

That happened to me once and I learned to back up and make sure I think I have enough dirt in front of me to clear the wires.

Semper Fi

Last edited:
I dream of monster trucks and midgets. Sometimes there is a penguin there too! What does it mean?:D

The worst dreams relate to experiences or fears you're goin thru. I just turned new homeowner, after renting apts all my life. And after 1 month I still haven't met all the neighbors yet but i sure do notice them staring suspiciously at us when we get home.
So I've been dreaming that me and my wife have barricaded ourselves at home while the neighbors try to peer inside the house!!!

Scary...

race#53 said:
Anyone else have a recurring dream that you are taking off and wires keep getting in your way and you are not sure if you should climb or dive to miss them?

Absolutely. Wires and tree limbs, all the time. Although it doesn't seem to happen as much now as it did when I was younger.

Every now and then, usually when i'm stressed out, I dream about attempting to fly a plane off some city street and wondering if I can clear the power lines. Sometimes I have to take evasive action but I haven't clipped one yet (knock on wood)! I imagine if I do eventually clip any powerlines or tree limbs in my dreams, there will be a mess to clean up in the morning.

-j

jdog,

Good point!

Even though I used to have the power lines/tree limbs dreams fairly often, I always managed to avoid them.

Latest resources

Back