• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont's Rates will Go to Vote....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pay should be $100k. The airlines just won't pay it. $28k is just an insult.
200 days a year on the road.
Bed Bug bites 3 times a year
Missing kids soccer games.
Eating crappy airport food.
Worse having to eat crappy crew meals.
Working weekends.
Working nights.
Working really really really early.
Trying to get a good nights sleep in crappy beds.
Lugging 70lbs of clothes/books etc... for 4 days at a time.
I could go on but you get my point.
We do an awefull lot more than just fly and airplane. And for all that they put us through we deserve $100k minimum. Doesn't mean we will get it but it is what i believe all pilots deserve.

on the other hand.... if you hate your wife this could be the best job ever! getting paid to drink and be away from her!!

When is the magical Q showing up at PDT??? Last rumor I heard was the ATR. Is Johnny B still blowing smoke to all the pilots, "Hey buddy!?"

Just a question...

When is the magical Q showing up at PDT??? Last rumor I heard was the ATR. Is Johnny B still blowing smoke to all the pilots, "Hey buddy!?"

Just a question...

Just wondering.... maybe I'm missing something..... but how, exactly, is it supposed work trying to board ATRs at places like PHL or CLT and alike, when they are parked facing the concorse, with the airstair door located at the rear of the aircraft and the cargo compartemt at front???

Just wondering.... maybe I'm missing something..... but how, exactly, is it supposed work trying to board ATRs at places like PHL or CLT and alike, when they are parked facing the concorse, with the airstair door located at the rear of the aircraft and the cargo compartemt at front???

Remember, its US Airways your talking about. Take any common sense and reason along with spending money and throw it out the window.

Like the old Midas Commerical when the dude is holding the big a$$ muffler and the lady ask him will it fit.... only to have him say, "We'll make it Fit"!

Last edited:

Exhibit A: North end of Concourse D, Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport.

Its actually a bit better now. Used to be ATRs, jets, tugs, belt loaders, fuel trucks and other flotsam and jetsam in a game of 52 card pickup. Really made me cringe to see clueless passengers wandering around the ramp on a scavenger hunt for their airplane, and how to get on it. Now they just get lost in the maze of habitrails until a freindly agent berates them for having the temerity to not know the way. But it does keep them away from most of the lawsuit inducing stuff.

So in all likelyhood, what WSurf said.

Exhibit A: North end of Concourse D, Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport.

Its actually a bit better now. Used to be ATRs, jets, tugs, belt loaders, fuel trucks and other flotsam and jetsam in a game of 52 card pickup. Really made me cringe to see clueless passengers wandering around the ramp on a scavenger hunt for their airplane, and how to get on it. Now they just get lost in the maze of habitrails until a freindly agent berates them for having the temerity to not know the way. But it does keep them away from most of the lawsuit inducing stuff.

So in all likelyhood, what WSurf said.

Well written!

Is there any concern that a NO vote would lead to us not getting anything? And then slowly having our 100's retired and then have nothing? What are the chances of new numbers coming back to us if there is a NO vote? Would it not be better to take these rates and fight for an increase when these numbers are up for renewal? I'm new here so please try to limit the yelling at me and calling me stupid. Thank you.

Is there any concern that a NO vote would lead to us not getting anything? And then slowly having our 100's retired and then have nothing? What are the chances of new numbers coming back to us if there is a NO vote? Would it not be better to take these rates and fight for an increase when these numbers are up for renewal? I'm new here so please try to limit the yelling at me and calling me stupid. Thank you.

if they're serious about putting them here (for whatever reason), then the decision has already been made. the airplane is a moneymaker. if guys at ASA can make $37/yr for 3 yr FO pay before their new TA then why can't we make $38+ AT LEAST (on a "gas guzzling RJ"). the industry has begun to come back, somebody needs to stand up to these pricks and get our livelihood back!

Last edited:
FMEpilot said:
I'm new here so please try to limit the yelling at me and calling me stupid.

Rule #1 of collective bargaining: You are only worth what you negotiate, and not a red cent more.

Rule #2 of collective bargaining: Don't accept substandard rates (especially during a period of profitability) because of FEAR.

Rule #1 of negotiating: Get everything you can up front, because there is zero guarantee of being able to get more during subsequent negotiations.

Go to Amazon.com and buy used copies of "Hard Landing", "Flying the Line Volume 2". You might also see some benefit from reading "From Wooden Wings" and "Why Airline Pilots Should Make $200,000 (or more)".

Those Q400 FO rates SUCK ASS and accepting them would be accepting far, far less than the hardworking pilots at Piedmont deserve.

Hear Hear, Boilerup! We should be at the very least given Horizon rates for FO's, which were set years ago...

But they bitch about "not wanting to lead the industry for FO LTP pay"... Even if the extra money came out of the Captain pay. Or is that just R.O. BS?

Latest resources

Back