• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmonts Large TurboPro Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing sarcastic, just trying to figure out your math. CA pay on the -300 caps at $74 an hour. Does PDT have and 250% pay rate??

Not correct. The -100 caps at just under $74 / hour. The -300 caps at just under $84 / hour.

The math isn't difficult. The company was/is offering double premium pay for picking up open trips on a scheduled day off. That is 8 hours of additional pay over the scheduled block for each day of work. Depending on the trip that could about equal triple pay and easily be $180 / hour.

Thats great Macky. There are a lot of people at this company that depend on this place to make a go of it and to have a decent lifestyle. I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you here at PDT. You did your time here...but don't forget where you came from.

You are right! As i have stated in my past posts, PDT was the first real flying job I had. I will never forget that. I met great people there who are smart and fun.
All I am saying is that the MGT is bringing the place down.

Not correct. The -100 caps at just under $74 / hour. The -300 caps at just under $84 / hour.

The math isn't difficult. The company was/is offering double premium pay for picking up open trips on a scheduled day off. That is 8 hours of additional pay over the scheduled block for each day of work. Depending on the trip that could about equal triple pay and easily be $180 / hour.

Thanks for the correction. My information is from airlinepilotcentral, which isn't always the best. It shows the caps at $65 for the -100, and $74 for the -300. Don't you guys have any more -200s? I flew for ALG based out of MDT until August of 02, right when the Scheiße schlug den Ventilator. Don't need to understand German to understand what I just wrote.

For the uninformed, what exactly do they mean by large turboprop?

Thanks for the correction. My information is from airlinepilotcentral, which isn't always the best. It shows the caps at $65 for the -100, and $74 for the -300. Don't you guys have any more -200s? I flew for ALG based out of MDT until August of 02, right when the Scheiße schlug den Ventilator. Don't need to understand German to understand what I just wrote.
I do understand German, however your words do not fit into the direction of this conversation.

Not is it bringing Piedmont down, MGT is bringing down US Airways as a whole!

Nail on the head brother.

Lets put the crews up in the worst locations possible. Give them 10 days off, non commutable trips and see what that will do to moral.

This is what low moral will do....you will find it impossible to staff the airline. You will have to cancel flights because of lack of crews. you will have delays after delays.
So what did your penny pinching do? It ran the airline into the ground.
But if you work for management you won't take responsibility but just blame it all on the aviation cycle that we are in.

Last edited:
Ran PSA into the ground as well. I heard from a pilot there who said that TK guy was in CLT and told the pilots they were parking either 3 or 5 more airplanes for July.

The wholly owned managements are reaping what they've sowed for years.

Latest resources

Back