• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmonts Large TurboPro Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do understand German, however your words do not fit into the direction of this conversation.

Then you don't understand the history of ALG or PDT. Been there, done that, won the T-shirt, and burned it.

Good luck to all Y'all.

What are we talking here, C-130? Reman TU-144? Who makes a 'more than 2 engine' turboprop for transport?

DeHavilland, of course!! My favorite PDT captain line... "Well, back on the Dash 7..." (used almost exclusively to prove why SOP was unnecessary)

The large turboprop rates are for ATR72 or Dash 8-400. >50 seats.

Last edited:
I see this is now posted:

Minimum Qualifications:
Commercial Pilot with multi-engine land rating

Why wasn't it at the FBO?

If I had to guess it had to do with clearing customs on the "D" concourse.

In other news, no PDT a/c to paint yet. I talked with maintenance this morning (Monday) and they claim that the plane is/was ready to go any day last week but it seems that the "paint contract" wasn't finalized. So no paint yet.

Just another in the long list of excuses as to why no a/c has reached the paint shop yet.

I don't think they ever intend to paint them. You don't paint planes that you are going to park or get rid of.

Let's see:

1. Airways had planes painted and ready for debut the day the merger was made public, Sept 2005 (I think).

2. Airways is painting 1 plane per week the last I read.

3. PDT was to start its paint program 4Q 05 or 1Q 06 and here we are in the last week of June 07 and as yet not a single plane has made it to the paint shop.

4. Latest excuse - no paint contract?

Ask yourself, if you were going to paint planes in 05 or 06 why is it that in June 07 there is still no paint contract?

I think that the simple answer is, there never was any intention of painting planes. Certainly not in 2005 or not in 2006, possibly not even today.

Just excuse after excuse, or should I say lie after lie.

Just remember that Bigger Airplanes = Less Jobs.

Rather than the 4 flights to FAY we do a day this will be reduced to 2.
Half the flight crews needed. Parker has already stated that he wants to reduce the 50 seat flying. Maybe our management is not hiring F/o's because this is the easy way out of parking airplanes. Less congestion on the E gates, yada yada yada...
BTW i heard that if we do a high speed, Continuous duty overnight, that we only get paid for 1 day or 6 hrs. Is this true? Anyone confirm?

Latest resources

Back