• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmonts Large TurboPro Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that the simple answer is, there never was any intention of painting planes. Certainly not in 2005 or not in 2006, possibly not even today.

Just excuse after excuse, or should I say lie after lie.

I wish I knew who you were. You're exactly right- there's no way they ever intended to paint these planes.

While shooting the feces in the outdoor smoking lounge in CLT, a couple of us came to that conclusion and have decided to keep playing with management on this topic; let's see just how creative they can get!

Two other ideas cropped up: Either they've been serious about flushing the fleet, or they're serious about flushing the fleet while replacing it.

I mean, the 400 and Piedmont's clapped out fleet has been a hot topic since Wolf, for chrissakes. Following the latest CEO's rhetoric, he imagines that PDT would be more viable with a 300 and 400 (sized) fleet. SO why in god's name would you paint a 100?

It's just a band-aid on top of a festering infection.

DeHavilland, of course!! My favorite PDT captain line... "Well, back on the Dash 7..." (used almost exclusively to prove why SOP was unnecessary)

The large turboprop rates are for ATR72 or Dash 8-400. >50 seats.

Gotcha, now I get it. I didn't think that there were going to be any new three or more engine turboprops in the CONUS.

The ATR is a great A/C, but I believe that they are pretty hard to come by these days. I understand the factory has re-opened the production line, but that they are sold out for years down the road.

Yea, Painting the planes at this point is rather useless! US Airways management has allowed one of the better regional airlines to sink further and further down the sh$t hole!

And does getting new airplanes really matter? Jeez, they are talking about replacement aircraft.... not growth!

If they ordered 30 Q300 and 20 Q400's.... people would still bail this place! Its still a freaking Turbo Prop that nobody wants to fly!

Only Solution! Very good FO payrates! Upgrade of 3 years or Less!

Or the only one thing that would keep folks here---------> Flowthru!!

And does getting new airplanes really matter?

Not really, no. But the idea is if we are supposed to be around a while, why paint a 100 that certainly has no future?

Why aren't any PSA planes in the new livery?

BTW i heard that if we do a high speed, Continuous duty overnight, that we only get paid for 1 day or 6 hrs.

Hang on...You guys have high speeds now?

yeah, who has CDOs at PDT? Those have to be pre-approved by the union don't they? Did they do that?

It doesn't matter what our contract says. The company does what the company wants to do.

Aircraft in paint shop

Why don't we go ahead and submit an ask piedmont, and we do it every single day until steeeve fugging farrrowww is sick and tired of all the junk he get's via email? Maybe someone should call Rooy Bucker in sby and tell him to hit some tennis balls up his booboo next time they play tennis.........

Just remember that Bigger Airplanes = Less Jobs.

Rather than the 4 flights to FAY we do a day this will be reduced to 2.
Half the flight crews needed. Parker has already stated that he wants to reduce the 50 seat flying. Maybe our management is not hiring F/o's because this is the easy way out of parking airplanes. Less congestion on the E gates, yada yada yada...
BTW i heard that if we do a high speed, Continuous duty overnight, that we only get paid for 1 day or 6 hrs. Is this true? Anyone confirm?

yeah, who has CDOs at PDT? Those have to be pre-approved by the union don't they? Did they do that?

The guy that posted that is a PSA dude..........

read the fine print....... (look at his credentials)

GEEZ You kids are jumpy arent ya? :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back