• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PIEDMONT Training Class Aug 13th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess you guys got through the alternate exemptions. That is the hardest thing to learn and actually understand for a new hire. If you got through that you'll get through anything.

#2, think of PACK the cabin with people. TRIM the flight comp. with the trim wheel. Pack valves are for the cabin and the trim valves for the Flight comp. The 300s are different. There is 2 ACMs some only pack valves are used.

There I did my good deed for the day! Good luck

"If she trims up front, pack her in the rear."

...Worked for me, anyhow.:pimp:

I was also confused by question #1. I talked to a line guy and a training employee who said it automatically shuts down, but I saw no reference that backs that up and the above mentioned employee was less than stellar.

I have heard of those memory aids for trim and pack valves. However, for #2, how do you account for the fact that the 300 doesn't have trim valves? That was one of the questions on the system test I really hated.

I still stand by compressor discharge overtemperature sensor for #3, because that is more specific, but its your test so do what you think is best.

I still stand by compressor discharge overtemperature sensor for #3, because that is more specific, but its your test so do what you think is best.

One could argue that since is doesnt specify ACM compressor discharge, it may be referring to another compressor on the plane...like the engines. I think its stupid but I wouldnt be surprised if it was either answer...its two vaugue and similar ambiguous answers.

I got a RBY overheat light on the apu panel about a year ago. apu didn't shut down if i remember correctly. we wrote it up. maintenance looked at it - don't remember it being much of an issue. i think its kind of a rare bird.

Four more upgrades posted today!!! How many does that make this year? Now your friend is only 36 numbers away.

Four more upgrades posted today!!! How many does that make this year? Now your friend is only 36 numbers away.

IF the upgrades come from the list between his friend and the junior captain. There are FOs senior to the junior captain changing their mind on waiting until they can hold a line, I'm sure.

Latest resources

Back