• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PIEDMONT Training Class Aug 13th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the answer, I can't find the answer anywhere.

I am networking with one guy who is going to the class on august 13th, anyone else going let me know I would love to network.

I have 3 other questions we can't seem to find the answers to.

1.) Will the apu shut down automatically when a RBY OHT condition exists?

2.) a FLT COMPT DUCT HOT caution light causes which set of valves to climb to full cool position?
a.) diverter valve (mod 8/0563)
b.) Pack temperature control valves
c.) Trim Valves
d.) none of the above

3.) the AIR COND PACK HOT caution light indicates that excessive temperature is being sensed where?
a.) Flight compartment duct
b.) Cabin Duct
c.) compressor discharge overtemperature sensor
d.) ACM

It's not that I am not looking, I have spent many many hours studying and reading and cross referencing but the answers to these questions are evasive.

Any help is definitely appreciated.

For #1, I have heard a couple people say yes and a couple say no. We never found out what the right answer was because all you find out after turning in the tests is whether or not you passed. This is a question for line pilots to answer.

#2 is confusing to me because on the 100, the flt compt duct temperature is controlled by trim valves, but on the 300, since there are 2 acm's, there are no trim valves and so only pack valves are used. This is another question to ask each other as a group.

As for #3, the answer is in your switches and lights guide I believe. The ACM discharge temp has exceeded 207 degrees to get this caution light.

As always, if a line pilot wants to correct me, thats fine, but I think I know these systems pretty well.

As far as Q1, I have never seen this happen on the line or in the sim.

The systems manual (p. 83) says it illumintes the APU caution light, but nothing about auto shutdown. So, I would say it keeps running. Ask in training and let us know what they say.

Apu will auto shut down in the case of fire or overspeed.

#2 is trim valves.

for #1 I put that it does not shut down, the only reference I found says it turns on a blower to cool it down.

for # 2 I put trim valves, but still couldn't find a for sure answer

for # 3 I choose ACM because of the reference stating ACM temp exceding 207 degrees in the lights and switches portion, however if you look in the systems manual on page 21 on the diagram it shows a compressor discharge over temp switch. That is also one of the choices for an answer.

The systems manual (p. 83) says it illumintes the APU caution light, but nothing about auto shutdown. So, I would say it keeps running. Ask in training and let us know what they say.

It says ESU will disconnect, but nothing about an APU shutdown...so I said it keeps running as well.

Does anyone know what the pass/fail rate is among low time pilots at Piedmont? Just curious as to if lack of experience means some people simply can't handle the jump from FBO training to airline training... Thanks!

It says ESU will disconnect, but nothing about an APU shutdown...so I said it keeps running as well.

I think it shuts down. Fire, overspeed, underspeed, low oil press / qty, rby overht, a few other assorted faults if I am not mistaken.

ESU disconnect? From what? If the APU's electrical control gives up, the APU pukes. It can't run without its brain.

Thanks for the advice. I will take all suggestions to heart.

Now I have a question that I can't find the answer to in my pre-groundschool manuals.

How is the fuel heated?
a. By bleed air
b. By hydraulic fluid
c. By hot engine lubricating oil
d. By cabin air

All of those are incorrect. It's actually heated by hot KY lubricating oil. You might have to blow on it to get it to work though...

#2, think of PACK the cabin with people. TRIM the flight comp. with the trim wheel. Pack valves are for the cabin and the trim valves for the Flight comp. The 300s are different. There is 2 ACMs some only pack valves are used.

There I did my good deed for the day! Good luck

Latest resources

Back