• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PIEDMONT Training Class Aug 13th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think MU2 is right, we have to accept that times have changed and no-one has to instruct for 3+ years to get the time they need to get an airline gig. I say come on over and if you can make it through training and your not some d!ck weed with a bad attitude then I have no problem with you being here.

Let's see 3 years as CFI, still have to be an F/O for at least a year before you could upgrade to captain.

OR

3 years as F/O and upgrade to captain with 3000 hours Lot's of experience, seniority, benefits etc...

HMMM it would take 4 years if you go CFI route and 3 years if you go F/O route.

No brainer.

I'm sorry the industry is making it easier for the new guys right now and some of you have had to do things differently.

Bottom line we are all pilots and how you got there is not as relevant as what you will do once you get there.

Support the company you work for and make it a better place than it was the day before.

If you feel you can't support the company you work for MOVE ON and love the next place.

If you hate the next place and the next place.....look at the common denominator. The problem may be YOU, not the company you work for.

Son, you've got a hell of a lot to learn about the airline world.

There's 80 or so of us lowly FO's who've been slaving at this company for three or more years and have supported it through 14 hour days, junior mans, reserve, 8 and 9 hour overnights, incorrect paychecks, disrespectful flight support staff, etc. The company has shown it's support by closing bases, no upgrades, and now paying new guys this bonus while our efforts go unnoticed and unappreciated.

I know, I know... If I don't like it... quit... That seems to be the mantra of all you new guys and old timer KoolAid drinkers.

Rather than quit, I decided I'd spend my extra time trying to make this a better place to work. On top of that, if pilots in my seniority range quit in droves as the more junior crowd has, you'll be in even deeper ******************** as captains find other jobs, and few if any FO's have the required time to upgrade.

Yes my friends, that is the next saga of the PDT soap opera.

He's never been a liar.

It's that kind of arrogant horse-crap attitude that makes people want to separate your teeth from their gums.

There is NO WAY a three year FO is eligible for upgrade.

I should know; I'll be on 4th year pay in a few days. I'm more than 50 numbers away. Let's see, at 3 upgrades a year (like we've had in 07), that's a just a few decades away for me.

That first sentence was a bit severe, but don't think for a second that your "fact checking" with your buddy is going to result in you being right.

If you have a hard time accepting being wrong, get used to hearing the next phrase every single day:

"My leg."

Last edited:
It's that kind of arrogant horse-crap attitude that makes people want to separate your teeth from their gums.
He is the least arrogant person on the face of this planet.
Next time I talk to him I'll get more info.

Latest resources

Back