• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Rumor Mill Gets Into High Gear

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry I am sure our leadership is activly pursuing to contract our services to feed another legacy carrier. Flexability is just one of the many advntages of being wholly-owned.

Last edited:
TK briefed his inner circle today that they will likely be looking for jobs if this goes through. PHX has led DAY to believe that they have maybe 18 months before the scheduled shut down commences. If no buyer, which they don't believe there will be one, TK see's a closing as the only alternative to navigating this merger. "If the deal needs PDT/PSA to be exercised from the blueprint, believe me, our days are numbered," he stated.

TK made many referances to the fact that COMAIR has been for sale for almost 9 months with zero interest from buyers. He believes PSA flies an aircraft that is not a future player as oil continues to climb.

Does not sound good for the Red Headed Step Kids....

Comair is a totally different animal from PSA. Don't think you can compare the two. Also management will do anything around contract time....so let the games begin.
I believe all this scare tactics is centered around Doug Parker getting us to fly 90 seaters for 50 seat rates.

Hmmmmmm......

In the UAL FA's contract it states "anything" owned by UAL , UAL FA's must staff these planes. PSA and Piedmont MUST be sold for the deal to go thru. Piedmont will find a new home, THEY need gas sipping props, PSA, well We're finished 50 seaters gone, 14 700's easy sell to skywest, as far as using this scare tactic to get 900's on property, yeeeah NO, if they aren't going to buy state of the art fuel sipping Q400 machines, then they WON'T buy 900's

I believe all this scare tactics is centered around Doug Parker getting us to fly 90 seaters for 50 seat rates.

Keep the old PSA MEC out of office or you will be doing exactly that.

IMHO.
:rolleyes:

..... and as long as Mark is running the ship, he will stick his head up his rear and tell you it will be ok, when they go away. (CEL)

Sorry Homie,

I watched the former MEC give the company a new contract that the group voted down (post pilot vote, then MEC Ratification). Then GIVE them J4J (without a vote by the pilot group). Then slotted bidding without a vote based on some half twisted distortion of the the truth.

If given the chance the Former MEC will fly anything for rates that would make MESA PUKE.

If you doubt me ask Mullet, Stuka, or anyone who flew the Dornier and they will tell you the truth.

IMHO.

;)

This issue came up the last time UA/US tried to merge. Allegheny/Piedmont/PSA were to be sold to ACA as a condition of the merger.

Latest resources

Back