• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LowlyPropCapt

PBR For Life, and Beyond!
Alrighty... The rumor of the day:

Doug Parker was in CLT today and spoke with some members of the training staff. There are apparently no new airframes in the works for PDT (shocker!). Also, PDT and PSA would have to be sold as part of any merger with UA.

Discuss...

Don't know 'bout that. The wholly owned's offer the control that Parker likes. Look at it this way, dealing with an Orenstein is a whole lot different than dictating to an Orenstein.

I believe the no new airframes, but selling them off I seriously think we need the lift they provide.

PSA's Tim Kuescher

TK briefed his inner circle today that they will likely be looking for jobs if this goes through. PHX has led DAY to believe that they have maybe 18 months before the scheduled shut down commences. If no buyer, which they don't believe there will be one, TK see's a closing as the only alternative to navigating this merger. "If the deal needs PDT/PSA to be exercised from the blueprint, believe me, our days are numbered," he stated.

TK made many referances to the fact that COMAIR has been for sale for almost 9 months with zero interest from buyers. He believes PSA flies an aircraft that is not a future player as oil continues to climb.

Does not sound good for the Red Headed Step Kids....

Time to file that single carrier petition... Yesterday....

Who the hell would buy them? Nobody wants 50 seat RJ's with gas prices the way they are, and for some reason, there are only 2 US airlines actively pursuing Turboprops (Horizon and Colgan/Pinnacle/Continental).

I see 0 demand for an moneymaking operation made up of a 17 year old fleet of efficient, established turboprops.

I see even less demand for a fleet of RJs.

Who the hell would buy them? Nobody wants 50 seat RJ's with gas prices the way they are, and for some reason, there are only 2 US airlines actively pursuing Turboprops (Horizon and Colgan/Pinnacle/Continental).

I see 0 demand for an moneymaking operation made up of a 17 year old fleet of efficient, established turboprops.

I see even less demand for a fleet of RJs.

Thank you Captain Obvious.....

Here is part of the problem with shutting down PSA and Piedmont to a certain extent. Unless Airways goes back into BK, it will be pretty hard to get rid of the leases on the airframes. All PSA aircraft are leased and I believe some of the Dash metal is as well. These aircraft are on the books for UsAirways, not PSA or Piedmont. Parker, or Tilton for that matter, can not go to the leasor and say we don't want these anymore without a BK filling. And a BK filling will be pretty tough considering the amount of nonrestricted funds both companies have.

You need to start looking at the little metal plates on the planes then, quite a few say Owned by US Airways.

Here is part of the problem with shutting down PSA and Piedmont to a certain extent. Unless Airways goes back into BK, it will be pretty hard to get rid of the leases on the airframes. All PSA aircraft are leased and I believe some of the Dash metal is as well. These aircraft are on the books for UsAirways, not PSA or Piedmont. Parker, or Tilton for that matter, can not go to the leasor and say we don't want these anymore without a BK filling. And a BK filling will be pretty tough considering the amount of nonrestricted funds both companies have.

Dunno about the CRJs, but many of the 8's are ouright owned by US Airways.

I sense a flight to the desert in my future...

Latest resources

Back