• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Rumor Mill Gets Into High Gear

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ya I believe it was potomac that was to become dcair. They had what. 1 or 2 dash 8s? they get those from PDT or ALG?

And other poster was right about the F/A group at UAL. their scope states anything OWNED by the company must be flown by UAL f/a. (hence the reason for the spin offs last time.) Imagine that, a Union with brand scope???

ya I believe it was potomac that was to become dcair. They had what. 1 or 2 dash 8s? they get those from PDT or ALG?

And other poster was right about the F/A group at UAL. their scope states anything OWNED by the company must be flown by UAL f/a. (hence the reason for the spin offs last time.) Imagine that, a Union with brand scope???

I wanna say they took 10 or 12 of our (PDT) Dash 8/200's.

It's the same as the pilot's contract. Everything owned and flown under the UAL banner must be flown by UAL pilots. Also, if we merge plan on all those 900s to be parked. Scope only allows 700's.

Ah yes, is it that time of year again? It must be! The whole "they're shutting down Piedmont" has been floated every spring since 2002. Yet the Airways wholly-owned airlines continue to stick around. It may be true this time, but for now... I call shenanigans.

Well one thing is for sure, If the UAL merger goes down, things will definately be different for the 'mont.

Would anyone buy us? Who knows. On one hand, we have really old airplanes and an expensive pilot contract. On the other hand, we sip gas and have an outstanding station infrustructure.

Roll the dice boys and girls...

Piedmont is like a Zombie Airline. We never really are Dead and each time it looks like were are gonna be dead some supernatural force comes along and brings us right back to life. Just look at all the Piedmont Pilots, we walk around with this dazed zombie look. We aren't dead, but not fully alive either.......... I honestly think we are in some kind of zombie state!

LOL

We caca-roashes, mang! /Tony Montana

But seriously now- we've all forgotten the first and last test of Piedmont Airlines (and sadly, the airline world at large)...

1. Is it the most F'ed up, convoluted, nonsense idiocy you've ever seen from a "what's your plan" perspective?

If the answer is yes, then BOHICA. If it makes a shred of sense, reapply the test until you get a "yes."

Being Wholly owned is great!!!!

Latest resources

Back