Piedmont Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

daviator28621

I finally got the call from piedmont for an interview and if all goes well I will continue to smile.
I have a few questions about piedmont though.
Please don't flame me, I'm a newbie.

1.) What is the possibility of choosing domicile?

I want Roanoke, VA or New Bern, NC
Is there drawbacks to these bases?

2.) How does pay really work? I know garuntee is 72hours, but what is it really, for those who are experiencing it?

3.) What are the schedules like for new guys?
Please give example.

Thank you in advance
David

If you don't break guarantee as a FO right now then we are all in serious trouble. You get $5000 for getting hired anyways, so that's a good boost. As unfair as it is for the rest of us...

Thank you in advance
David

Back in the day...

EWN always went fairly junior. Don't plan on commuting in the summer though, as all the planes are packed, and a fair number of the senior dudes commute as well.

Craven County, and New Bern especially, when I was there was sleepy with a capital S.

New Bern is WAY the heck out there, nearly to the Eastern Shore. Plan on at least a 2 hour drive to any substantial population center, like Raleigh.

If you're married with kids, then it might just be the ticket. Cost of living was very reasonable.

If you're single (and not a Marine), then times will be tough, as there are about 300 young men per female due to the 2 LARGE Marine bases at Cherry Pont and Jacksonville, NC. If you move up the road to Greenville, NC, where ECU is, you might have better opportunity (about 30 mins from the airport) and a better QoL.

Roanoke is just plain weird. I got the vibe that you pretty much had to be from there to enjoy it.

Charlottesville is a MUCH better place overall, IMHO. Spendy, but there is some nightlife and culture. DC is just up the road, and there is reasonable, if limited, skiing in the wintertime, plus tons of hiking, biking and all that.

Mind you, this info is some years old, you might want to get current intel.

Nu

People are blocking at least 90-100, without trying or picking up time. With all the cancellations and double premium pay, you could make double the guarantee easy. The double premium may be gone as all these new hires start flying and they park a plane in August. The last bid included every base except LGA. You will likely have no problem getting Roanoke right away, if not after a month.

Know nothing about those bases except that Roanoke is at least near VaTech and in mountains... oh and fairly short on FO's. (not like SYR tho)

I finally got the call from piedmont for an interview and if all goes well I will continue to smile.
I have a few questions about piedmont though.
Please don't flame me, I'm a newbie.

2.) How does pay really work? I know garuntee is 72hours, but what is it really, for those who are experiencing it?

3.) What are the schedules like for new guys?
Please give example.

Thank you in advance
David

Respectfully, do you really have a choice with 300 total time? I haven't looked at the regional board (or flight info for that matter) more than 2 or 3 times in the past year? If you can pick, Piedmont was by far the worst of my 3 121 carriers. The Dash 8 was a nice plane, but you don't care about that after getting only 10 days off a month, poor schedules with 2 deadheads a day, minimum pay days every day, being forced to switch domiciles often (most of the time a 2 leg commute to the messed up bases), the unlimited junior man (do it and grieve it) , bitter captains that hate being there and dwell on it 24/7 thier whole career so you can listen to it all day every day, misinformed fo's that took all the captain's b.s. as gospel and spreads the doom and gloom after only one week on line, crappy prop pay when another 300 hour guy makes more in his rj, assbackwards bases....basically the worst attitude negative evironment I have ever been in. I actually am happy where I am now, but my post is a reflection on the $hlttya$$ attitude Piedmont can drive into its hired help.

Last edited:
After 3 Airlines, you gotta tell us where you are now! Since your happy now, lets all of us know so we can send some resumes and be happy with you!!!!

Go to bed Surf, it's late. Actually, email me under the private thing. We've flown together. I'm so computer illiterate.

Last edited:
Man, I did need to go to bed! Had just driven home from Mytle Beach. Grrrrrr!

'So which airline is it you be at':)

''Sorry, where you is";-)

Yo, Nizzle! What airline you be kickin it wit now!! ;-)

I have a bunch of friends at other regional airlines! Piedmont isn't the best by far! But it damn sure aint the worst!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back