• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where are you at that you are now happy?
I am married 25 years (married young) and am still happy, so night life is no biggie. I used to live within 45 mins of new bern so I know about the marine thing.
Piedmont seems to pay more for new guys than say colgan. $25 per hour + 5K bonus as opposed to $19 per hour flying the turbo fan.
After 2 years I'll have enough turbine time to go corporate if I want to.
Or I can upgrade to captain, and know what The Dash is pretty cool to fly. I have a friend who flew the Dash for several years as a captain because of the seniority thing, he had a great schedule so why fly the shiny jet.

Where are you at that you are now happy?
I am married 25 years (married young) and am still happy, so night life is no biggie. I used to live within 45 mins of new bern so I know about the marine thing.
Piedmont seems to pay more for new guys than say colgan. $25 per hour + 5K bonus as opposed to $19 per hour flying the turbo fan.
After 2 years I'll have enough turbine time to go corporate if I want to.
Or I can upgrade to captain, and know what The Dash is pretty cool to fly. I have a friend who flew the Dash for several years as a captain because of the seniority thing, he had a great schedule so why fly the shiny jet.

Keep in mind "great schedule" at Piedmont means being there for 10 years and finally getting 13-14 days off a month.

been here a few months and have 15 days off. But that's just Laguardia. Stay the ******************** out you greedy bastards, nobody must know the secret.

The whole griping captain thing is overblown. Just don't bring it up if you dont want to hear about it.

Scheduling is only getting worse though....

No unlimited JM's at PDT.

Totally incorrect. We have pilots with 5 Junior Man "events", I'm certain some have more.

The problem is that these pilots hurt you and me by going outside of the contract and agreeing to do this flying.

Jerks.

The problem is that these pilots hurt you and me by going outside of the contract and agreeing to do this flying.

Jerks.

Totally incorrect! I am gonna agree to disagree on that!
I am not capped out yet! I havent taken the double prem. pay because I want to be capped out first!!!!
Listen to me folks!! Take the junior mans before the double prem. pay!!

Now that being said Sig, once the Junior Mans are capped the F'in world is yours!

You have to make them pay when they call you! Ask for the world!!! I have had shed. call me and say there is no way we can do that!!! Only to have the 410 area code pop back on my phone 10 minutes later saying it was approved!! Remember, it cost the company a shizzzt load to cx a flight!

So if your capped out, just make sure to ask for alot more then just the additional 4 hrs!! I mean ask for a bunch more!

If you don't get it...... oh well... just tell them to have a great day!
And if you do get it, then you can go around and tell everyone, "man, you aint gonna believe this sh$t"!!!

So Sig, I guess its all in the way you handle it!!

Last edited:
I have to take issue with the unlimited Jr man satement as well. I've been capped for a couple of months and scheduling fully acknowledges that fact when I call them on it. They never deny that I am capped or tell me to "do it and grieve it".

Theorectically, yes, I guess one could take 5, 10, whatever the amount of JR mans per year. They CANNOT be forced on you by scheduling though. Why one would accept more than the amount in the contract is beyond me. Maybe they are working towards next years cap? I would personally get capped out for this year, THEN start accepting the double premiums/name your price game.

So Sig, I guess its all in the way you handle it!!

We're arguing the same side of the equation, W!

You're exactly right- the world is yours once you're capped.

Unfortunately, these gimps took an extra four hours' pay in lieu of a JM credit. So yes, JM events can occur without limit as long as folks sell the contract back for double premium pay.

You know I play the JM-Cap game! ;) I think it will be too hard to play this year, what with 1 in 3 FOs on property hired in 2007.

Latest resources

Back