Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Conquest Driver

Hey guys,

Just curious if my friends at Piedmont or ALG are getting any Jets? I am sure this is a sore question so please don't scream at me. I used to fly for them and I still have a lot of friends there. I must admit that the picture for US Air in general looks very grim but historically they always seem to pull through.

Thanks,

CD

It's lookin bleaker and bleaker every day. Part of a conversation I had with one of our assistant chief pilots the other day included following quote: "We may all be looking for jobs soon" :(

Since Pike is now the DO (or was last I heard), who's the Chief now and assistants? Just a curious question...I left almost a year ago after being based in MDT.

LearLove said:
It's lookin bleaker and bleaker every day. Part of a conversation I had with one of our assistant chief pilots the other day included following quote: "We may all be looking for jobs soon" :(

Who? PDT or ALG pilot's???

2000Flyer

Allegheny, I have not herd much from the PDT boyz as of late. Over here in the ALG camp we once again got the dreaded CHART presented to us by management. Its the same one they came out with last summer durring the J4J thing only slightly modified.

It looks as if they want us to give 100% of the 70 seat CRJ flying to the mainline guys and also have us compete against Piedmont to see who will give up more to get CRJ700's on their properity staffed 100% by mainline guys.

Something like 4 or 5 Dash 8's going away in Aug to Sept time frame. O well, another summer of $uck. It like I have this majic "moving backwards career".

Hope the Alg. "Commuter Trash" put up a fight. Believe R Leary has the character and fortitude to place the JFJ's fraud in proper context. Over at the Piedmont party barge the MEC has been drinking the Jonestown Koolaid served up from Herndon while basking in their Alpa monogrammed silk PJ's. The pathetic sheep at PDT. lack the character to defend themselves. I send my 1.95% to the RJDC, helps me sleep at night.

Well, Piedmont is not hiring despite the high rate of attrition. I think they had just one new hire and recalled 11 furloughees. But they are losing pilots rapidly. I know of 5 Captains who left within a week. Our planes are going away too. When the jets do arrive and that's if they do, they will flush out most of PDT pilots to accomodate furloughed mainline guys in the J4J agreement to which we really had no choice. It was either agree or be shut down. The industry sucks right now and mgmt has us by the balls and they know they can do this to us.

I left Piedmont 2 yrs ago and took a job flying a Citation. I will put in for SWA when the application process starts up again. I have more time off and better QOL. I miss the airlines but I know where I want to be in the end. I knew that Piedmont was not going to get me there any time soon. I have friends at Piedmont and I hope that they can keep their jobs.

I left to go back to the medical field for a stable regular paycheck. My story is unusual though, 3 fuloughs in 15 mos. No sense in hanging around waiting for the other shoe to fall. Logging time is no longer a justifiable reason when guys out there have 5K,6K, 7K hours or more.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back