• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was at Piedmont for two years around 2000-2002. I came from UND. Never had a complaint from a captain....

Most Captains would complain behind your back as long as you weren't a complete tard. How many F/O's tell a Captain they suck?

se1776 Piedmont is one of two regionals I wouldn't have any heartburn over my wife and son riding in the back. Except of course that the airframes are older than dirt and had me abusing them for several years.

A couple of years ago I flew on a Piedmont Dash 8 as a passenger from GSP to CLT. I sat in a window seat on nearest the left gear. There was a crosswind as we made the approach into CLT and on touchdown I witnessed one of the left main tires go flat, the outboard as a matter of fact. I suspect the bead became unseated due to sideload but, I watched it wallow around on the rim as we taxied to the gate. As I was getting off the plane I asked the FA if I could talk to the captain, he said no so I told the FA about the tire and he said he would relay it to the captain. I disembarked and went to another gate to catch a connection and as I sat there looking out the window I noticed they were loading the plane I just got off of, without repairing the tire! I went back to the gate and told the gate agent about the tire and she assurred me that the pilots know what they are doing and to not worry about it. I walked back to my seat and then I noticed a man talking to the gate agent in a suit with a clipboard in his hand so I pulled him aside and made him aware of the flat tire. He had me point the plane out to him and then he called someone on his radio. Next thing I saw was people coming off the plane and maintenance jacking up the left side of the plane.

Interesting. Every time I've had one main tire fail, the other follows nearly immediately.

Was at Piedmont for two years around 2000-2002. I came from UND. Never had a complaint from a captain.... How many UND guys at that time failed out of training? It was zero at the time. Granted there wasn't any 250 hour new hires at the time. And Yes I loved the Dash, but I enjoy the RJ even more.

What do you like more about the RJ? Just curious. I think the CRJ 700 might be nice to fly performance wise.

Piedmont is one of two regionals I wouldn't have any heartburn over my wife and son riding in the back. Except of course that the airframes are older than dirt and had me abusing them for several years.

You know that PDT was right there with PSA in hiring 250 hour wonders, right?

PDT's maint. has been particularly lowsy of late as well, although I think we're working on that.

You know that PDT was right there with PSA in hiring 250 hour wonders, right?

PDT's maint. has been particularly lowsy of late as well, although I think we're working on that.
Um.... I was there when they were doing it. They have a training dept that is good at weeding out non-hackers though.

Latest resources

Back