• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Furloughs & Downgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think they finally realized that a reduction in planes but no reduction in flying means there is no reason to furlough. It would not surprise me at all if they had an oh sh!t moment when JS gave them the reserve manning for May, and they made up the extra flying story to save face.

Total BS they pull this crap at the last minute. Colgan supposedly only does our sh!t, barely profitable routes anyways.

It's going to be fun having no spare aircraft in the system though. Will make no favors/waivers more effective in a hypothetical world too...

We probably require slightly higher manning than PSA because of the amount of vacation accrued in this company due to super-seniority. 80 guys extra, probably not though. Q-5000's are coming!

I feel sorry for some of you young peidmont guys. Flying around with some pretty bitter old folk, its probably hard not to become a ******************************bag....

Its not the old guys that give a sh&t, its the young ones. Most of the old guys have more worries then Colgan Airlines.

Jelly is just be Jelly! He doesn't represent most of the Piedmont Pilots.

Agreed. I don't spend 30 seconds thinking about what flying Colgan is doing. Most of what Colgan does for US is "at risk" anyhow... They do it on thier own dime. If Colgan went away I doubt that we would do much, if any, of that flying.

Here's hoping someone's head is removed from their ass when it comes time to make the final decision on the other 7 airplanes.

Good short term news at least!

We are still gonna furlough at the end of the summer. This increase summer flying has offset the loss of 4 planes buy increaseing the flying on the planes we have. But by the end of the summer if the other 7 go back to the lessor's you will see a big time furlough still at PDT.
You really think this fall will be a large furlough? I mean those 7 planes are not going back just yet are they? Its still POSSIBLE you keep them?

I like the way you think!

Weirder stuff has happened. Hang tight- this will be a very crazy summer.

Increased flying? Antique airplanes? No spares? Why whatever do you mean? I'm sensing some summertime beach-induced illness coming on.

Increased flying? Antique airplanes? No spares? Why whatever do you mean? I'm sensing some summertime beach-induced illness coming on.

I'm sensing 3 swaps a day to make the schedule work on paper. Yet multiple delays an cancellations when it doesn't work like paper says.

Latest resources

Back