Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Nothing really official, but rumor is US Airways has now approached Piedmont about adding more flight hours.

Furloughs and Downgrades are now not going to happen.

Lets Hope this is True!

It's true. Received a phone call from the chief pilot this morning. The permanent bid is rescinded and everyone is safe at least til september. Good news at Piedmont?! WTF?!

Yep received a few calls this morning with the official word. Sounds like I'll log atleast another 30-45 hours of PIC time through Sept. Sitting reserve in base is not so bad after all.

Glad its true! Sad when we are calling this good news however. So it takes bad news at Piedmont to be cx'ed so that we can get some good news from it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Great to hear..... at least someone has good news to post here!!!:cool:

Glad to hear this for you all but I do not get it. Not many of you at PDT had this feeling but many took it out on us at PSA thinking we were stealing flying from you and bringing guys back due to your decline. However now you all have LESS planes, nearly 80 plus more pilots and zero furloughs. And we've had guys on the street for nearly a year now. I just dont get it.

Memo in now on the Chief Pilot's page.

Glad to hear this for you all but I do not get it. Not many of you at PDT had this feeling but many took it out on us at PSA thinking we were stealing flying from you and bringing guys back due to your decline. However now you all have LESS planes, nearly 80 plus more pilots and zero furloughs. And we've had guys on the street for nearly a year now. I just dont get it.

I don't think we had guys take it out of PSA. Now we might have a guys running around saying that PSA is bringing back Furloughs and upgrading while we (pdt) are furloughing. There's reason to be bitter about that, but not to take it out on the pilots at PSA.

We are still gonna furlough at the end of the summer. This increase summer flying has offset the loss of 4 planes buy increaseing the flying on the planes we have. But by the end of the summer if the other 7 go back to the lessor's you will see a big time furlough still at PDT.

Now do you get it?

Maybe Colon is finally going away or atleast being reduced!

Latest resources

Back