Picking up extra work with guys on the street

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BentOver

So just when I thought Netjets had a strong union.

Turns out there has been over a thousand extra days of work picked up while there are guys on the street. This is for Jan 1st-Sep 30th....

IYO is this alot compared to what you all have seen at the majors when guys are on furlough? A handful I could see, but 1000+ seems excessive.

Trying to get a perspective from 121 guys. We have a 30+ year 121 guy (furloughed Netjets)who thinks this picking up of "extra work" is the worst he's seen...

thoughts?

Thanks

Thats not how you protect the guys on the street.

When one pilot takes a hardship all pilots should take a hardship. That means if one person on your seniority list is on the street you fly your schedule and thats it. Period.

You guys need to find out who the offenders are and pass their names around.

Thats not how you protect the guys on the street.

When one pilot takes a hardship all pilots should take a hardship. That means if one person on your seniority list is on the street you fly your schedule and thats it. Period.

You guys need to find out who the offenders are and pass their names around.

ALPA would say High Time flying does not effect staffing. What a @#@# statement. That was actually put out during the massive furloughs after Sept 11.

It's a long standing tradition for ALPA pilots to eat their young. Lineup, or there will be none left for you. Call D Woerthless, he will explain it to you, he's somewhere in DC suckin on the govt. titty.

It's a long standing tradition for ALPA pilots to eat their young. Lineup, or there will be none left for you. Call D Woerthless, he will explain it to you, he's somewhere in DC suckin on the govt. titty.

Hey, I give credit to the guys that challenge ALPA and try to make it better. But you do realize, that NetJets is not ALPA.

So just when I thought Netjets had a strong union.

Turns out there has been over a thousand extra days of work picked up while there are guys on the street. This is for Jan 1st-Sep 30th....

Ok, so over a period of approximately 270 days, 2700 active pilots have picked up 1000 days.....

My math tells me that the pilot group, collectively, is picking up 3.x days per month.....[/QUOTE]

But at the end of the day, someone will always be willing to work your hours for more money......

Ask Fubi about the Alaska pilots. There were literally hundreds of guys flying extra while they had furloughees.

Gup

My math tells me that the pilot group, collectively, is picking up 3.x days per month.....

Uhhh... I think your math is way off. I won't get into the specific numbers on this public forum, but if you look at the total number of extended days divided into the total number of workdays, you'll find that number far lower than what you came up with.

I agree it's still too high, but for the vast majority of us, it's still at zero.

Oh yes, Alaska has a bevy of stand-up folks more than willing to pick up open time with guys (still) on the street. They were so proud of their work ethic they got the company to remove the names from the computer making it (slightly) harder to figure out who these great men are....

Now, once everyone is back...playball. Until that day, well....

Latest resources

Back