• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Picking Up ASA Open Time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm trying to pick up more time, but most is already taken! The whiners are the minority - just look at the open time. We are all picking it up.

GO cubicle rats can't pick up open time. Who are you kidding?

Every time you fools come on here, you only help our cause by making management look desparate. Go ahead now, let's hear your "witty" response.

Extended is one thing you have no control over unless you're "tired". But getting drafted on your days off is your fault if you answered your phone.

ASA Planning
Always An Afterthought
It's not my fault when your working and ops tells you to call your dispatcher and then they inform of you being drafted for the next day. Am I correct and is there anyway to avoid this? I will never asnswer my phone when I'm off duty but your pretty helpless when your on duty and they contact you.

It's not my fault when your working and ops tells you to call your dispatcher and then they inform of you being drafted for the next day. Am I correct and is there anyway to avoid this? I will never asnswer my phone when I'm off duty but your pretty helpless when your on duty and they contact you.

Nope, not much you can do when they get ya like that, other than being sick the next day. You are correct, pretty much screwed when they get ya at work.

ASA MisManagement
Planning? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Planning!

Everytime I read "these posts" I hate ASA a little more.

I agree!

I think we should publish a list every week of the people picking up open time so you will know the kind of person you get stuck flying with and maybe you can convince them against helping this crappy company out of another jam!

Picking up open time only helps extend this contract. Over the next few months if the pilots can really resist picking up time that could make a difference.

There are many other ways of "sticking it" to the company other than not picking up Open Time. The next CA that tells me not to pickup any open time, i'm just gonna ask him to write me a personal check out of his own account. Absolutely ridiculus! I assume most of you chest thumpers don't have families or debt that needs to be paid off. I set at my desk and see bills that need to be paid etc, then look at open time and see a trip that will pay me a few hundred dollars for doing nothing more than keeping my mouth shut and doing my job. I have a family that I am responsible for and if I can get us out of debt quicker, then that's where my loyalty lies. I'm all for striking, kicking management to the curb etc, but it's noone's place to tell me whether or not to make money to support my family. Like I said, there are many other ways to show your displeasure with ASA. I know all the usual supsects are going to chime in now and call me all kinds of names. That's fine, just PM me and I'll give you my address and you can just mail me a personal check. I take cash also.

You accept tools too?:puke:

Sounds like a lot of mgt commenting on this one.

This means they are very worried if the pilots don't pick up time.

Looking at the long list of open time, about 30 trips, and it's well into the last half of the month. There is usually very little by now. The reason people have trouble picking up open time is because alot of it conflicts with current schedules, not because there isn't much there. Of course, there wouldn't be much open time at all if the company hadn't created a pilot shortage through it's own mismanagement and the driving away of otherwise content pilots. My good supply of loa 27 vouchers will keep me safe for a while.

To each ... his own. That is what makes America great.

Bob

Amen to that. Anytime I someone trys to tell me what to do with my days off I tell them to get bent. I said good for you ASA guys you might as well take advantage of the short staffing while you can. Once the airline is properly staffed there is much less open time which means less play money. No need to "take one for the team" by not picking it up. All that does is help other guys laugh all the way to the bank while the principled guys keep turning red trying to tell you what to do.

I'll continue to pick up all of the open time that I feel like picking up. This is a benefit to both the pilot and the company and IS part of OUR pilot working agreement.

Bob

Bob, you better go back to sleep because this is NOWHERE in our working agreement. Do you see 1 1/2 ANYWHERE in our contract...oh yeah, let me see, IF THEY RESCHEDULE ME OUTSIDE MY FOOTPRINT OF THE ORIGINAL TRIP!! Not quite the same there FRANCIS! No Wonder you are STILL HERE!:rolleyes:

NO WAY I'M GOING TO HELP THEM WITH THEIR SCREWUP.....O MANY!!

Latest resources

Back