• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Picken's $700 Billion Plan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you realize how many Windmills it would take to Power NYC?

Depends:

Locations of windmills. Diameter of blades. Average velocity of flow. Interference (transfer friction of voltage transmission). Diameter of transfer cables. Temparture of above or below ground cables. Just to name a few of the variables.

*I might know a little about this subject, but please keep going.

Another option: Hydrogeneration in the Rivers that surrond your example of NY city.

** Before you start making another statement about this option;) ... let me stop you and say it's already in use on a smaller scale. (Google Hydro energy east river)

Depends:

Locations of windmills. Diameter of blades. Average velocity of flow. Interference (transfer friction of voltage transmission). Diameter of transfer cables. Temparture of above or below ground cables. Just to name a few of the variables.

*I might know a little about this subject, but please keep going.

Another option: Hydrogeneration in the Rivers that surrond your example of NY city.

** Before you start making another statement about this option;) ... let me stop you and say it's already in use on a smaller scale. (Google Hydro energy east river)

Yes

Its called a Dam

Here is a great one! http://www.tva.com/sites/fontana.htm

Yes

Its called a Dam

Here is a great one! http://www.tva.com/sites/fontana.htm

You can't even get that right!!!!!!!

Have you seen a Dam on the east river??????

You have to be just messing with me!

If your not; It's a hydroturbine submerged in the water. Size is about same as a chevy tahoe. They had to place the turbine twice. First time, the engineers underestimated the force placed on the turbine with currents traveling around 5 knots. Second placement, shortened blades while generating a highier amount of power then originally thought possible.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6344642

Please, if your just joking... Hahaha, good one.
If not.... do you fly aircraft!?:eek:

Last edited:
Dam's also produce energy hero.

Fontana is one of the many dam's in Western NC that produce energy.

Ummmm Okkk??? Thanks for the lesson?

So Captain, what did you fly to get 17500 hours? I'm calling bullsh!t. I'm thinking, college kid, probably UND? I did like the comment about you being a "taxpayer". Pst, paying for music on itunes and not pirating it is not a "tax".

Ok

How is that Windmill going to Power the Jet you fly? You know.... The one you earn a salary Flying?

You're either a flame baiter or a simpleton. The idea is that you reduce petroleum demand by alternatives and that will leave more oil to be made into JetA.

Many city buses run on natural gas. It's not an exotic technology.

There is no more cheap, easy to get oil. There is plenty of oil out there, but it's deeper, more viscous, sulpher laden, in smaller deposits, etc. The world has not located a major oil field in many many years, and most of the major fields are in decline. It is past time to be looking at alternative ways of doing things.

I sure can't find a Natural Gas Pump at any gas station I have been too.

This technology and system isn't ready to go yet here in America. Possibly in the future.

Oil Powers the Jets that pay us.

They have them at.....ready.....AIRPORTS!

You're either a flame baiter or a simpleton. The idea is that you reduce petroleum demand by alternatives and that will leave more oil to be made into JetA.

Many city buses run on natural gas. It's not an exotic technology.

There is no more cheap, easy to get oil. There is plenty of oil out there, but it's deeper, more viscous, sulpher laden, in smaller deposits, etc. The world has not located a major oil field in many many years, and most of the major fields are in decline. It is past time to be looking at alternative ways of doing things.[/quote]

If you believe that line of BS then I think you should try to find a NEW career!

I'll say this for Pickens .. . 20% of all electricity via solar and wind in 10 years (cost 1 trillion dollars) is at least achievable, and a goal within reach with current technology and has measurable results.

Contrast this with Al Gore's "plan" which would cost tens of trillions, has no specific goals other than "save the planet somehow", magic and non-existant technology, and moving goalposts.

Latest resources

Back