• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PHL Operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Philly ramp is still a huge joke. trash everywhere all over the ramp.
The way to make the rampers run is to have a policeman chase them all over to get wands, marshall and unload the carryons etc etc
HAv e you noticed alot of them have prison tatoos and ankle monitoring braclets?

The way to make the rampers run is to have a policeman chase them all over to get wands, marshall and unload the carryons etc etc
HAv e you noticed alot of them have prison tatoos and ankle monitoring braclets?

Thats because they are part of the prison work release program. The state pays USair 3 grand per person to hire them. It is a good thing the TSA hassles us crew members because we are the real problem....

Crabs in a barrel. One reaches the top and another pulls him down. People making an effort to do good and you pull them down. Nice. What a tool.

Ever missed your commute home because it took 10 minutes to get parked? I have.

Ever had to flag down a catering truck because the previous 5 calls to Ops went unanswered? I have.

Ever arrived 10 minutes early, had a 30 minute turn, and left 10 minutes late because nobody was around to load your carry-on bags? I have.

Ever have a pushback crew walk away and disappear because you were told to hold the push because there is an airplane behind you? I have.

Ever watch a CHQ 145 taxiing toward spot 13 almost get hit because a tug driver ignored his wingwalker that was desperately jumping up and down making an X push an airplane right in front of it? I have.

Ever wondered how much $$$ in fuel, engine, APU, airframe, mx and crew costs are wasted daily because you can't get parked? I have.

There has been positive progress on the F gates ramp, and I *do* thank those I see busting their humps to get us out in a quick turn or leave early. That said, I was a ramper for 14 months in college and I know how much it sucks in the winter and summer, and I'm not gonna pat anybody on the back back for simply doing their friggin job. If you want a Coke or a bottle of water that's fine, we're all in this together...but please don't run off to watch the Phillies game at the JetRock and make a bunch of people miss their connections, alright?

Ever missed your commute home because it took 10 minutes to get parked? I have.

Ever had to flag down a catering truck because the previous 5 calls to Ops went unanswered? I have.

Ever arrived 10 minutes early, had a 30 minute turn, and left 10 minutes late because nobody was around to load your carry-on bags? I have.

Ever have a pushback crew walk away and disappear because you were told to hold the push because there is an airplane behind you? I have.

Ever watch a CHQ 145 taxiing toward spot 13 almost get hit because a tug driver ignored his wingwalker that was desperately jumping up and down making an X push an airplane right in front of it? I have.

Ever wondered how much $$$ in fuel, engine, APU, airframe, mx and crew costs are wasted daily because you can't get parked? I have.

There has been positive progress on the F gates ramp, and I *do* thank those I see busting their humps to get us out in a quick turn or leave early. That said, I was a ramper for 14 months in college and I know how much it sucks in the winter and summer, and I'm not gonna pat anybody on the back back for simply doing their friggin job. If you want a Coke or a bottle of water that's fine, we're all in this together...but please don't run off to watch the Phillies game at the JetRock and make a bunch of people miss their connections, alright?

Sounds like a typical day in PHL.........

Cheap Shot! Next time I wait 2 minutes for a gate at MSP on a commute, I'll go on a tyrant that the ramps off watching the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, chuggin' Mountain Dew's, and catching up on the ice fishing tourney!

Cheap Shot! Next time I wait 2 minutes for a gate at MSP on a commute, I'll go on a tyrant that the ramps off watching the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, chuggin' Mountain Dew's, and catching up on the ice fishing tourney!

If we only had to wait 2 mins in PHL for a gate, no one would be complaining. It's the fact that we wait 10+ mins, after we are already late, and the pax miss thier connections. And Boilers comment about watching the game inside is exactly how it is. If the Phillies, 76ers, or Eagles are playing, forget about getting rampers. They are all in their break room watching the TV. There is nothing cheap about it, its how PHL runs.

If we only had to wait 2 mins in PHL for a gate, no one would be complaining. It's the fact that we wait 10+ mins, after we are already late, and the pax miss thier connections. And Boilers comment about watching the game inside is exactly how it is. If the Phillies, 76ers, or Eagles are playing, forget about getting rampers. They are all in their break room watching the TV. There is nothing cheap about it, its how PHL runs.

Out of your next few trips there, seriously notice how long it takes to pull into a gate. Sometimes 2 minutes seems like 10. Im not saying its perfect, but where is? Yeah, the sports thing is a cheap shot. Most of the dudes in the hood hate baseball, and the Sixers nowdays for that matter.

you know I thought philly was bad until the last few weeks that I've been in and out of CLT. What the he11 is up with that entire ramp operation they have down there? Its like a free-for-all. NASCAR racing with airplanes. And that blind corner up near the north ramp.

CLT = redneck Philly

Latest resources

Back