Pennekamp vs. ASACoalition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gentlemen and Scarlet,

In 1998, the ASA pilot group gave the MEC and the CNC the leverage they needed to take a failed contract (98% voted NO) to one that passed (91% then voted yes) with great improvements and was Commuter industry (that's what they called us) leading. That's where the rubber met the road! The pilot group delivered!

The current MEC has not failed the ASA pilots! The ASA pilots have failed the current MEC!

Last edited:
John Pennekamp vbmenu_register("postmenu_1162204", true);
I'd rather be here...

[URL]http://forums.flightinfo.com/customavatars/avatar27930_2.gif[/URL]

Civ/Mil: Civillian
A/C Flown: Some with props, some with rotors, some with jets
Ratings: Advanced Open Water; Nitrox
Curr Position: Starboard, Catalina 30
Total Time: 5:00

Here's a great speech from Lynn Jackson:

http://www.alzheimer.ca/english/have...-02-lynnj1.htm

The above post was from John Pennekamp, a spokesperson for the status quo at ASA. He not only attacked LJ and the coalition, but he mocked Alzheimers victims. He has no shame.
Here is the ASACoalition email. You decide who you want to represent you and your future.... the Pennekamps or the ASA Coalition!

Fellow pilots,
We would like to update the pilot group on our campaign to elect a team of 4 to the ASA MEC. We have received many comments and questions and would like to answer some of your questions. If you have any questions or comments, please email them to [email protected] .
1. Why are we electing 4 representatives in ATL?
With the closing of the SLC domicile, the ASA MEC was reorganized into a single LEC with 2 Captain representatives and 2 F/O representatives. Currently there are only 2 representatives on the ASA MEC and neither of these 2 representatives are on the ballot.
2. Is this a vote to replace the current negotiating committee or the MEC Chairman?
No. This election will decide who makes up the next ASA MEC. Neither of the two current MEC members are on the ballot. Should the ASA Coalition win, everyone currently involved in negotiations will be invited to continue in the process.
3. How do we vote?
You can either vote by computer or by phone. Attached to this message are the directions on how to vote. Voting closes Dec. 11.

Again, our commitment to you is a contract to vote on within 90 days of taking office. This contract will include job security focusing on preventing further erosion of flying, hourly pay rate increases, trip and duty rigs, per diem increase, improvements to sick leave, improvements to the 401k, scheduling /QOL improvements, commuter clause, long call/short call reserve, and a signing bonus. If we do not achieve this, or if the contract is not ratified by the pilot group, then we will tender our resignations if the majority of pilots wish us to.
In addition, we will be adding a strategic planning element to the contract negotiations to deal with job security. The primary focus of this team will be to stop the erosion of flying and to attempt to reverse it. Without adequate job security, the rest of the contract will become irrelevant over time.
By adding fresh faces and creative new ideas, we believe we can bring these contract negotiations to a conclusion that benefits the pilot group. Your vote is very important, and we thank you for your support.
The ASA Coalition
Captain Lynn Jackson
Captain Barry Lee
First Officer Bryan Bowie
First Officer Graham Welsh
[email protected]

Voting Instructions

Using the Internet
Logon to https://www.ballotpoint.com/alpa
Enter your seven-digit ALPA member number (no dashes) and your password.
Please note: Security is in place that requires you to re-enter your password during the voting process.
Click on View Ballots.
Select the applicable ballot.
Follow the screen instructions to cast your vote.
You may recast your vote at any time during the voting period.
Using the Telephone
Call 1-888-647-1787.
You will be prompted to enter your seven-digit ALPA member number and password. You will need to hit the # key after entering your ALPA Member Number and again after entering your password.
Select the applicable ballot.
Follow the voice prompts to cast your vote.
You may recast your vote at any time during the voting period.
If you are in need of assistance, please contact the Membership Services Department Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:30 ET, e-mail [email protected], or call toll-free (888) FLY-ALPA; when prompted, please press '1' followed by the appropriate extension for your airline analyst.

This was authored and written by John Breiling, the last of the Jackson 5. He will soon be your MEC Chairman and also the CNC chairman. His goal is to get the other half of his pay for training pay and to hijack your Union so he can hold you hostage for the benefit of his lawsuit. He is one of the named litigants in his RJDC lawsuit against ALPA. By the way, for all you Coalition supporters, part of your dues are being used to fight his lawsuit. The RJDC attempted to take over the Comair MEC, but were unsuccessful. They are now trying to take over the ASA MEC. According to a Comair source, Lynn Jackson is a member of the RJDC, along with John, and briefly considered taking a position with the RJDC when she quit her position as the ASA MEC chair. There is a hidden agenda and you will get to pay for it!

The above post was from John Pennekamp, a spokesperson for the status quo at ASA. He not only attacked LJ and the coalition, but he mocked Alzheimers victims. He has no shame.
Here is the ASACoalition email. You decide who you want to represent you and your future.... the Pennekamps or the ASA Coalition!

Pennekamp is not "a spokesperson for the status quo". We think for ourselves happen to have a common belief that current leadership is better than the coalition. If you're going to generalize like that, you're going to offend a lot more people than he did with his misguided link.

Your constant pushing of the coalition makes me believe you must be one of them. Which are you and can you answer the questions posed to them? I sent an email to the address you provided, I'm looking forward to thier(or your) response.

Gentlemen and Scarlet,

In 1998, the ASA pilot group gave the MEC and the CNC the leverage they needed to take a failed contract (98% voted NO) to one that passed (91% then voted yes) with great improvements and was Commuter industry (that's what they called us) leading. That's where the rubber met the road! The pilot group delivered!

The current MEC has not failed the ASA pilots! The ASA pilots have failed the current MEC!
did I miss something? Or wasn't Lynn Jackson involved with that negotiation somehow???

I say this because I know what it costs to support a family. Hence, I know what I am worth. When you are a bit older you will understand. .
what the heck does "knowing what it costs to raise a family" have to do with your "worth"?

I'm not saying you and I are not worth more but, that has NOTHING to do with it. Neither does someones age.

A vote for Lynn is a vote for Breiling as MEC chair. She will install him after she is elected. He is currently treasurer and has refused to do the job he was elected to because of sour grapes. Rather than suck it up and have the fortitude and loyalty to those who voted for him, he has chosen not to do what he was elected to do. His difference of opinion should not keep him from doing his job, and if he could not seperate the two he should have the decency to step aside.

Also. a vote for the coalition is a vote to cave on a contract we've been negotiating four years to get. I'm not going to roll-over because the J5 doesn't want to upset SGU. She'll sell us out to not rock the boat and preserve her job as a pilot at ASA.

If ASA is not willing to pass on the prosperity in good times to those of us who stuck it out in bad times, then I'd rather see it be dissolved.

Also, why does JA not think the workers at ASA deserve what the employees at SKYW have? Jerry, why do you think we're second-class to your other employees? We're not asking for the moon, just what they have with a few adjustments. They have better pay (and not just the pilots), and what they are offering us is still way below what they already get. The ASA employees that have profit-sharing have a worse profit-sharing plan the SKYW. Our insurance is worse, our work rules are worse, our working conditions are worse, etc. We were hopeful that based on your reputation in the industry that the employees at ASA would finally be working for a fair and reputable company, but once again we've been purchased for the purpose of corporate fodder.

And the J5 would rather cower down and grovel to it than stand up for themselves and the rest of the pilot group and demand some equity within the SKWY,Inc team.

Obviously you haven't been here long enough if you think Lynn's history with ALPA and management is "conjecture".

I love your, "cut the pay so I can get my upgrade" mentality. Clearly, the coalition is for you.

Guess what, junior. The days of 1000 PIC and out still aren't back. You may well be at ASA far longer than you had hoped. Be careful how you make that bed.... you may well be the one who has to sleep in it for 30 years.

Then again, what do I know? I'm just one of those old guys who "couldn't go anywhere else". My experience with the process means absolutely nothing to a Generation Y guy like yourself........

"Me me me.. Right now... That's the way it's works on the Nintendo!" may have served you well up until this point. Guess what, junior, you're an adult now. Act like one. Goddang "me" generation. Y'all are an absolute joy to fly a 4 day with! You know, I used to be a pretty cool Captain. 25 year old entitlement happy whiners like you turned me into an ***********************************. Congrats! Come fly with me for a few days.

ps. Not happy? Go to Skywest. I'm sure they'll be happy to have you. In the meantime, stop trying to hijack my quality of life and that of my family. I say this because I know what it costs to support a family. Hence, I know what I am worth. When you are a bit older you will understand. Until then, do not pretend to lecture me about what you think we should work for.

So age is the premise for your argument?? Gonna' have to do better than that gramps. Hey, you may have been a cool captain years ago, and are an ass now, but it doesn't matter to me one bit. I'm there to do my job and fly the airplane by the book, not make friends in the cockpit. You may relish in the idea that you could make my life a living hell and be a condescending @$$ in the cockpit for four days, but I promise you I'd get on your nerves so quick you'd be begging for the trip to be over. Besides, I've flown with your type before- all I'd have to do is let you sit there and hang yourself.....in addition to that, if it got too bad, I'd just pack my $hit and get off "YOUR" airplane and head for the crew bus with a brief stop by the chief pilots office. One argument about safety and a sweep through my "Clean" file and they would probably see my point. Besides, I'm willing to bet that I wouldn't be the first F/O to mention your name.

You are really quick to attack my desire for an upgrade and tell me to deal with it for years, but then you completely spin it and attack me for going after YOUR quality of life improvements. Do I really need to point out the hypocricy in this or is it blaringly evident to you by now?!?!?

Every post from you is the same- filled with personal attacks and slander. Why?!? Because someone disagrees with YOUR opinion and viewpoint. Sounds to me like someone cries when they don't get their way- and your probably about ready for the retirement home, and not a gen "Y" nintendo hugging, snot nosed, spoiled-gotta-have-it-now kid.

With your attitude, no wonder you make all your F/O's misserable. Do yourself a favor and start therapy- you've already addmitted you have a problem and that's the first step to recovery. Have a nice day Gramps.

what the heck does "knowing what it costs to raise a family" have to do with your "worth"?

I'm not saying you and I are not worth more but, that has NOTHING to do with it. Neither does someones age.

I didn't say raising a family makes you worth more. I said raising a family and getting older makes you far more aware of what you're actually worth.

If you're raising a family a larger part of your income goes towards necessities. It's the cost of necessities that have increased the most over the last few years. Cars, computers, etc have become more affordable. But if most of your expenses are medical, milk, gas, etc it's gotten painful. That's why raising a family makes you more conscious of your real earnings and what they need to be. It has nothing to do with ego, and everything to do with the needs of your family, which are getting harder and harder to meet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back