Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

olympus593

PDT returning 1 lease in March, 1 in Apr, 2 in May and possibly up to 7 more by the end of the year (all 100 ). Also warning of furloughs if attrition does not increase. Sorry for the bad news. Source: Executive letter from the PDT web site from S.F.

Great. I think I will go buy some beer while I still have a job that supplies the funds to do so.

"...And in other news, Mesa announced plans to acquire Dash 8-100's for use on the East Coast."

---I totally would not be suprised to read this someplace.

I love how maintenance knew about this before us... How can we get outbid for these pieces of garbage?! Who in their right mind is expanding or creating a fleet of dash 8-100's in today's economic climate??? We should remove all the parts that we put on the aircraft after we signed the leases... There'd only be the frame and a few body panels left... Please god don't let all 11 go back! Makes you wonder what they were thinking maintaining our current overstaffed situation. They just want to be more dramatic with the furlough?! Cheap bastards... Guessing WARN letters for the unlucky next week.

Cheap bastards is right. I don't think they are out there trying to "sell" our ability to do flying either. My fear is that once the airframes are gone, they are gone for good. Once we are down it makes it that much easier for a Colgan-like carrier to pick us off.

Anybody think that saying "7 more could be leaving" is a contract negotiating toll. like saying play nice or else? Bastard!!!

Guys......relax!! They're just clearing the way to put some ltp's on the property. The rates are about to expire!!

What were those payrates again? I think I used them to wipe my a#@!

LTPs. That is hilarious.

If this is a negotiating tool, then I say the following:

Those of you who know me, and most of you Piedmonsters do, know that I have as much to lose as anybody. But that being said, I would rather pick up my toys and walk away than give the company ONE SINGLE CONCESSION in a new contract. I absolutely refuse to lose ground on this one. Show me the money and the work rules or close it up. Either way I, and we, will be ok.

...My .02, anyway.

Latest resources

Back