Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then again, you should expect no less from the destroyer commander who tried to use his boat as a landing craft....

Oh? Did Farrow actually try and beach a hull?

I am off to work tommorrow. I am totally motivated... If you get my drift.

Oh? Did Farrow actually try and beach a hull?

I am off to work tommorrow. I am totally motivated... If you get my drift.

I haven't been able to find the article. I think it's up for debate whether he really did it or not. He commanded the USS Elliot. Check it, you might have better luck than I did....:laugh:

Last edited:
I haven't been able to find the article. I think it's up for debate whether he really did it or not. He commanded the USS Elliot. Check it, you might have better luck than I did....:laugh:

Check your pm's.

BTW, trust me I feel for you dudes, in the last 4 years my regional has gone from over 85 aircraft to 70, so I think I say it for most AWAC'rs, hope this is just a ploy and nothing more.

Well ALG/PDT has gone from about 110 Planes to now maybe 45. If anyone knows about reductions it should be us.

Well ALG/PDT has gone from about 110 Planes to now maybe 45. If anyone knows about reductions it should be us.

Yup. What he said. All we need is some oppotunistic low rent carrier to come in here and kick us in the balls and that would make it a perfect sh1tstorm.

Yup. What he said. All we need is some oppotunistic low rent carrier to come in here and kick us in the balls and that would make it a perfect sh1tstorm.

Yeah I'd be worried about that. Hell that was a posibility when I was there, I'm an ex-Allegheny guy.

Its unfortunate that a carrier like Colgan, Commut Air or my favorite, frigging Chautauqua could come in and like you said, start a sh1tstorm.

Yep, and thank God we own some planes! Wait till the leases are up at PSA on the 50 Seat RJ's.

Lets just hope this economy turns around fast.

But for now it Looks like we will be flying 45 ********************birds around until about 2014! And lets hope that the Airline industry turns around and we're not here to fly them.

Feel very sorry for those Pilots and their families that will be affected by this. This is not the time to be out of work and job hunting.

But for now it Looks like we will be flying 45 ********************birds around until about 2014! .

WOW, flying the Dash until 2014.

Back in 2003 the chief pilot came into class (company recurrent) and said "we're hoping to turn the Dash 8 into the next DC3, we want to fly those things until 2010"....we all looked at eachother, probably thinking, these things can't fly until 2010. Now you're saying 2014...

whatever happens, good luck, lots of good friends at PDT.

Latest resources

Back