Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

right, the Fedex contract, ALPA the "one hit wonder" . Fedex is doing very well, they have a lot of cash, most airlines don't, including Piedmont. When ALPA gets an airline a similar contract, you let me know.

Last edited:
Its been six years since I worked there, and the news continues to be powerfully depressing.

The good news seems to be that Piedmont and its employees can be boiled indefinately without spilling over.

right, the Fedex contract, ALPA the "one hit wonder" . Fedex is doing very well, they have a lot of cash, most airlines don't, including Piedmont. When ALPA gets an airline a similar contract, you let me know.

And then he ate the worm!

Now dats funny right dare! I don't care who you 'r'!

WSurf, everytime I see that avatar, it brings back the Christmas-like joy of finding one of those illustrations in the maintenance log.

I wanted to do one, with three dinosaurs, marked PDT, ALG and PSA wrestling over a bone marked RJs while an astroid marked "bankruptcy" loomed over their heads.

I wanted to do one, with three dinosaurs, marked PDT, ALG and PSA wrestling over a bone marked RJs while an astroid marked "bankruptcy" loomed over their heads.

Yep, we got played like suckers! That would have been the perfect.

Yep, we got played like suckers! That would have been the perfect.

I don't know how many arguments I had with people in the 2002-2003 timeframe arguing that our concessions should have been conditional on the WO's maintaining a minimum fleet size with reference to ML. It didn't matter what the airplanes were...J-3 Cubs, 1900s, Dash 8s or A330s. Minimum fleet size...if ML downsizes, we downsize. If they grow the regionals, we grow.

I don't know if it would have been possible, but it would have been a better deal than the whole "First WO to secure concessions gets RJs!" Siegal HappyTalk.

But EVERYONE knew that RJs were the Wave of the Future.

I use the "retroactive pay cut" I got in 2003 as my example of bad the airline industry sucks.

I am sure the only reason ALPA is jumpin on this is to try and stick it too USAPA. When US Airways pilots dumped ALPA that caused ALPA to lose their money. And if there's one thing ALPA cares about is 'Da Money'.

Theres no way that ALPA woulda started legal action against ALPA. But now the game could be on.

I just don't think USAPA is shaking in their boots yet and/or even gives a rats azz:

Item Three: A complaint that was filed on February 27th in federal court in Alexandria, VA, by ALPA against US Airways, Piedmont, PSA, and also names USAPA as a "Rule 19(a) Required Party." The suit was filed by ALPA based on their contention that the airline defendants failed to comply with contractual commitments to ALPA establishing the right of Piedmont and PSA pilots to "flow through" to new-hire US Airways pilot positions. No damages are sought against USAPA. As a Rule 19(a) party, USAPA has been joined as a party because of ALPA's allegation that without USAPA, the court cannot accord complete relief among the existing parties. The relief being sought by ALPA is an order requiring the defendants to establish a multi-party adjustment board to enable the board to resolve the "flow-through" dispute. While USAPA will likely have to file an answer to this complaint, we do not expect to play a significant role in this litigation as USAPA is not the target

(cut from a weekly usapa update)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back