Pdt Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Film at eleven.

I've had several pilots calling me about things that they've heard out there on the line. One of the things was that PDT management has requested to meet regarding 400 rates. I haven't confirmed this. Going to have to wait until tomorrow before I do that.

I guess its a fact that DP mentioned 300s and 400s for the Express fleet. I didn't hear the webcast, but it's been emailed to me. As soon as I figure out WTF an MP4 file is I'll check it out. My computer doesn't like it so far.

I don't believe he said PDT in particular, but I would imagine we'd get the first offer for turboprop replacements or expansion. I believe there will be one coming across within a week or so. I could be off on the time frame. I'm pretty sure it will be after PSA gets done with the 900 vote. They might want to dangle that carrot as well, but we will not be used to get PSA to take an unfair deal on those airplanes.

This next week could be an interesing one for PDT, or it could be business as usual. I don't know. I kinda think it'll be interesting, but again, I don't know any time frame on the events that will have to be played out if PDT is going to get some new metal.

Any growth that happens here isn't going to happen overnight. It will take a while to get new aircraft on the property and get everyone trained. Gonna have to have some patient with this one.

I've probably said too much already, so I'm gonna shut it now. Call your status reps for more info. Preferrably after midnight.;)

Last edited:
Um yea here is a update on the "flow through" direct from the top secret MEC meeting in SBY.

1. The flow through committee has not even met once in the last 360 days.

2. America West MEC does not even know about a flow through.

3. No new EQU was talked about at the "top secret MEC meeting"

4. The only thing that happend was a bunch of jerks that want to get elected to ALPA national came and kissed ass. Let me off the line and pay me more speeches. Yea I think ALPA is gay.

5. SF, JB, and that other fake upgrade guy wasted more time, then the meeting was called short because everyone wanted to catch the last flight outa SBY.

to the minute, thats what happened.

enjoy............

OPECJet said:
Film at eleven.

I've had several pilots calling me about things that they've heard out there on the line. One of the things was that PDT management has requested to meet regarding 400 rates. I haven't confirmed this. Going to have to wait until tomorrow before I do that.

I guess its a fact that DP mentioned 300s and 400s for the Express fleet. I didn't hear the webcast, but it's been emailed to me. As soon as I figure out WTF an MP4 file is I'll check it out. My computer doesn't like it so far.

I don't believe he said PDT in particular, but I would imagine we'd get the first offer for turboprop replacements or expansion. I believe there will be one coming across within a week or so. I could be off on the time frame. I'm pretty sure it will be after PSA gets done with the 900 vote. They might want to dangle that carrot as well, but we will not be used to get PSA to take an unfair deal on those airplanes.

This next week could be an interesing one for PDT, or it could be business as usual. I don't know. I kinda think it'll be interesting, but again, I don't know any time frame on the events that will have to be played out if PDT is going to get some new metal.

Any growth that happens here isn't going to happen overnight. It will take a while to get new aircraft on the property and get everyone trained. Gonna have to have some patient with this one.

I've probably said too much already, so I'm gonna shut it now. Call your status reps for more info. Preferrably after midnight.;)

I heard the same thing... A phone call saying the Q300/Q400 thing was "confirmed." I am reserving judgement until I see it in writing...

...And my a*s is sitting in it holding short of the runway.

Terrain Terrain said:
Um yea here is a update on the "flow through" direct from the top secret MEC meeting in SBY.

4. The only thing that happend was a bunch of jerks that want to get elected to ALPA national came and kissed ass. Let me off the line and pay me more speeches. Yea I think ALPA is gay.

5. SF, JB, and that other fake upgrade guy wasted more time, then the meeting was called short because everyone wanted to catch the last flight outa SBY.

enjoy............

Top secret meeting? Hardly. The meeting never went to closed session. It was announced in the proper time. There were actually more line pilots present at this MEC meeting than the previous two, which had one pilot in attendance at each meeting. I take it you were not present, otherwise you would know the truth.

1. Utter BS. The Merger Committee meets regularly. The committee has also met with our mainline counterparts within the last year. Totally untrue.

2. Once again. Utter BS. The MEC Vice Chairman was the author of the letter that went out to the AWA MEC Chairman informing him of the flow through. The AWA MEC has been receptive.

3. Any talk of new equipment at the MEC meeting is pointless until the company shows where airframes have been ordered. Until then, it is wasting time.

4. Two candidates for ALPA national positions spoke to the MEC. Do you not think it's important to forge bonds with those who may be overseeing the union in the future?

5. SF, JB, MS, and "the fake upgrade" guy spoke at the last day of the meeting after being invited by the MEC. If the MEC does not have a working relationship and open communications with management, how will things ever have a chance of improving at the company?

The MEC met the first day until 8:30 pm. Normal time for adjourning the meeting would be around 5 or 5:30. The second day, it went until 8. How did they cut time short again? If the required business has been conducted earlier than planned on the last day you think the MEC should sit in the conference room and stare at one another?

Get your facts straight before you post more flame bait. We have enough already.

no to rain on anyones parade. but i find it ohhh so 'rumor-mill' like when there is a q&a session and nothing new has been released or even eluded to. but then there is people that say there is new airplanes int he planning, and there is 400 pay rates being discussed in sby. for crying out loud d.p admitted he knew crap about the express carriers ("the express fleet is fairly new") was his comment, and until corrected about the aging fleet didn't say anything different. and when he did, he didn't say anything other than to say 17 years isn't that old, well i do 100% disagree with him, because he doesn't see it the way i or many other pdt pilots see it, probably not much more will be done with a different fleet. and one other thing what i dont understand is why everyone focuses on pdt mgmt to find out stuff. SBY has no idea what is happening the only control they have is bases, not routes, aircraft or aircrfaft utilization. what they do control besides bases is staffing levels,

so they control staffing levels and bases, wow well we know staffing levels suck majorly!!!!, and bases wow even worse.

go back to suckin rick&fred's c0cks

Terrain "flaming d0vche" Terrain said:

Kind of hard for a committee that didn't completely exist less than a year ago to have had continual meetings in the past year, but they have met, thanks for playing

and what exactly do you base this astute observation on? nothing like making stuff up when you don't know the facts

nothing top secret at all, meeting was published, advertised, etc as for nat'l "jerks" well thats what we have to deal with, suck it up and quit being such a bitch

enjoy............
maybe if sby wasn't such a nasty smellin hicksville suckhole people wouldn't be so eager to get out of there

dashjockey said:
maybe if sby wasn't such a nasty smellin hicksville suckhole people wouldn't be so eager to get out of there
Please keep doing me a favor and make sure the world knows anyone who is based in SBY and lives near there hates it.

While you do that, I'll finally decide where I'll be on booze and hooter patrol today- on the beach? at the pool? The beach is almost 300* yards away, but the pool looks a little crowded.

Gosh, this sucks!

*Went out on the upper deck and eyeballed the distance. Looks more like 200. And I decided on the pool today. What suckage.

Last edited:
So what is the deal with the flowthrough anyway? Im hearing our guys are partly at fault for dragging their heels and that we have some on the MEC that don't really want it at all. Including the commitee chair. Anyone else?

nedflembag said:
So what is the deal with the flowthrough anyway? Im hearing our guys are partly at fault for dragging their heels and that we have some on the MEC that don't really want it at all. Including the commitee chair. Anyone else?
Please tell me you're joking.... I'll get beaten for this, but I'll list how many years each MEC member has before hitting 60, and let you invent a way why any member wouldn't be in favor of a flow through.

28 CA Rep: 2 yrs
28 FO Rep: 29 yrs
29 CA: 21
29 FO: 31
35 CA: 9
35 FO: 29
78 CA: 27
78 FO: 23
95 CA: 15
95 FO: 15
Merger Chairman: 15

Those are the voting members of the MEC along with the committee chairman. All except 2 have the potential of seeing a 10 year career at mainline with a flow through. Only one is even remotely close to retirement.

Tell me again why any of the members wouldn't be in favor of having a deal signed? That is a deal that didn't require a sell out of the junior guys now at PDT.

Invent away my friend, and welcome to flightinfo seeing it's your first post.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back