PDT class news????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ceo_of_the_sofa

Has anyone close to HQ heard anything about an upcoming class date? And when it might actually take place?

Thanks,

ceo

(swimming since October)

well last week I heard that from Jan to June they want 100 newbies... who knows what they say this hour.

Wow, that's 25% of the current emloyees!

What are the upgrade times right now?

And which bases are the most junior?

Thanks,
ceo.

Upgrade????? Keep dreaming. If we were to get more airplanes on the property, we'll discuss it then. I've been here close to 2 years, and I'm thinking possibly another 5 for the upgrade. There are guys who have been here way longer than me thinking similar.

Bases? Don't know, but probably up north. Last class got a mix with a couple going to CHO. PA31Ho bought some kneepads and got EWN (I only say that because he's a good kid).

I hope you guys are able to get in class here. Junior manning is still at an all time low, but that trend won't continue if we don't get some new blood here. Until you're in the class, I wouldn't sweat it. Just keep up the status quo like we've been doing. If you're in the pool, they liked what they saw at the interview, and you're hired as soon as things settle down.

Do newhires have any say in where they would like to be based?

Is Harrisburg still pretty much a no-no for a junior FO?

You could probably get based in MDT, but the senior captains probably won't let ya fly. I've never had it happen, but have heard about it.

I've flown with a few of the senior guys out of there and never run into that. All except one guy was a pleasure to fly with, and that could be attributed to anything. Bad day included. You'll find that at any base at any airline.

As far as a say in where you're based, you'll fill out a permanent bid listing in order what bases you want. It's a standing bid, so as bases come open, you can move to whatever base your seniority can hold.

If you're first choice is ROA, and its full, it'll go to your next choice until there is an opening. You may be based initially in LGA, but as long as ROA is your first choice, you will get it eventually. How long depends on what your first choice it. CLT would be a long wait, if ever.

Last edited:
skychicken said:
You could probably get based in MDT, but the senior captains probably won't let ya fly. I've never had it happen, but have heard about it.
Almost all of the old ALG guys in MDT are a pleasure to fly with. And i've found the total opposite, they've been flying the dash since it was on property, there have been many trips that i've flown 3/4 of the legs. As far as being junior, MDT is split almost half and half with the top half being very sr, and the other half mostly hired within the last year.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back