• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PCL ALPA sues Pinnacle Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you donate a bunch of money to "pro pilot" politicians, you will have to deal with their anti-liberty agenda.

What good is a higher pay rate if they raise your income tax, gas tax, sales tax, property tax, etc?

The anti-labor politicians and judges have seen to it that payrates have been cut 40-50% at the career airlines. No amount of income taxes, gas taxes, sales taxes, and property taxes would ever amount to 50%. Not to mention that the so-called conservatives have been spending money like drunken sailors for the past six years. Republicans are no longer conservative, so I don't feel very bad about supporting the other team until they pull their heads out of their asses and remember what conservatism is all about.

I may be able to if I'm paid more.
Chicken or the egg? I understand that it's hard to contribute, but how 'bout just $1? That's all it takes to add your name to the list of contributors and bring up the participation rate. When ALPA goes to Capital Hill and lobbies for issues, one of the things they show to politicians is the participation rate of the membership in the PAC. The higher the participation rate, the more likely that the politicians will pay attention to the issues of the Association. Come on, just $1.
By the way - looks like we're picketing in Memphis on the 30th.

This month or next month?

I may be able to if I'm paid more.

Everyone can afford a few bucks a month. If the tens of thousands of ALPA members who dont contribute got that through their head it would double the PAC cash flow.

I personally don't agree with PAC. I'd rather have politicians that are going to keep me from getting blown up. FWIW it's not just ALPA PAC I don't agree with it's all of them. I wouldn't contribute when I was IAM either.

I don't agree with PAC either but as long its legal big business will dump tons money into their PAC's promoting their position of management's rights I have to fight back. If you can convince big business not to contribute to PACs then I'll stop too.

We can keep from getting blown up and have a labor fair government as long as balance is maintained between the parties. GWB doesn't believe in balance or compromise. Its his way or the highway. That makes him the miserable leader that the polls indicate.

The biggest casualty of GWB's eight year term is the huge swing in American public opinion. Because of George's divisive nature and foolish decisions we are going to have all three branches of the government controlled by the Dems with Hillary at the helm in just over a year. GOOD JOB GEORGE!!!

However, you would have to change your negotiating tactics from "Professional Pilots Wanting a Professional Contract" to "A$$hole Pilots Holding the Airline Hostage". As long as it takes, I'd rather get a contract by being honest and part of the most professional pilot group in the industry than using terrorism tactics.
With that way of thinking your just gonna help the bean counters get there annual bonus while your on 21 buck an hour.

Last edited:
I agree 100% that current spending is out of control, but to think that the Democrat party is the answer to that is foolish. They just proposed the largest tax increase in history.

When you say "anti labor" are you talking about all labor or just union labor? I can't imagine that if Kerry had been elected wages would have remained as high as they were. The airline financial health was very poor, the airlines used BK to their advantage, but in the end pilots voted for the pay reductions, and dropping pensions.

I agree 100% that current spending is out of control, but to think that the Democrat party is the answer to that is foolish.
Of course they aren't the answer to that. Neither side is. That's the whole point: many people vote for Republicans on the assumption that they will better control spending because they are for "small government." It's been proven without a doubt that this is a complete fallacy. Any party in control will spend money like it's going out of style, because they view it as a way to buy more votes and to get more contributions from special interest groups. The Bush prescription drug benefit is a perfect example of this. People are attacking the Dems left and right for their universal health care proposals, but Bush himself passed the largest increase in a government entitlement in American history. Billions of dollars wasted on this stupid program, and nobody even knows how to use it!!! Classic example of the kind of thing you would expect from tax-and-spend liberals, but it came straight out of the Bush White House.
When you say "anti labor" are you talking about all labor or just union labor?
No, it's all of labor. Notice the change in how overtime requirements were figured a few years ago. This resulted in millions of laborers, including non-union, working more and making less because of the loss of their overtime pay. This was a direct attack on all of labor by the Bush administration. If you don't have an expense account and a big bonus, then you don't matter to Bush.
I can't imagine that if Kerry had been elected wages would have remained as high as they were. The airline financial health was very poor, the airlines used BK to their advantage, but in the end pilots voted for the pay reductions, and dropping pensions.

Pilots only voted for these things because the 1113(c) process was hanging over their heads with the threat of an even worse imposed contract. These were agreements made under duress. You can't be expected to stand up for yourself when someone is holding a gun to your head. It's time for pilots to wake up and realize that politics matters in your career more than anything else. What happens at the bargaining table is actually secondary to what happens on Capital Hill. Back the PAC!!!

Latest resources

Back