• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PBS is coming to Express Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I mentioned in my first post, PBS is a good system with good features, but the company has been allowed to misuse it. I would be happy with either system if we had control AND the bottom of the window stayed at 75 hours.

Being in negotiations, the problem is the company knows how much the CRJ guys love PBS. My fear, and the company's bet, is the pilots are willing to give up work rules and quality of life to keep it.

So the BIG question is this:
Are you willing to give up vacation low to keep PBS? That's what the company wants. The MEC has been giving us this same rhetoric, that we'll have to give up vacation low to keep PBS.

Last edited:
So the BIG question is this:
Are you willing to give up vacation low to keep PBS? That's what the company wants. The MEC has been giving us this same rhetoric, that we'll have to give up vacation low to keep PBS.

Haven't heard that one yet, but give up vacation low to keep PBS? The choices aren't going to be keep PBS w/o vacation low or go back to our line bidding. With the XJT guys in the picture it is going to be between PBS and their line bidding. If the union negotiates something that sucks then we can vote it down and keep status quo.

Why should you get paid for work that you did not do? Do you pay someone to cut your yard if he does not cut your yard?

That's an excellent point!!!!

You should petition the JNC to get rid off all cancellation pay, leg by leg/block or better, your nap pay credit, etc since you are of this opinion.

That's an excellent point!!!!

You should petition the JNC to get rid off all cancellation pay, leg by leg/block or better, your nap pay credit, etc since you are of this opinion.

He's also a standards instructor who gets paid 6 hours to come in and jumpseat a short round trip out of IAD for a line check... Serious hypocrite.

He's also a standards instructor who gets paid 6 hours to come in and jumpseat a short round trip out of IAD for a line check... Serious hypocrite.

He's addressing speedtape who is not a standards pilot as far as I know. And again, life is what you negotiate and vote for.

BTW, the standards pilots also risk their certificates doing new-hire oe for an extra $100 a day, give up days off doing those line checks that have to be done, sometimes going below ten days off/month, and took a pay cut in contract '07.

PS I didn't negotiate contract '07 and I voted no.

Last edited:
He's addressing speedtape who is not a standards pilot as far as I know. And again, life is what you negotiate and vote for.

BTW, the standards pilots also risk their certificates doing new-hire oe for an extra $100 a day, give up days off doing those line checks that have to be done, sometimes going below ten days off/month, and took a pay cut in contract '07.

PS I didn't negotiate contract '07 and I voted no.
But the sim guys sure made out like kings in 07, that is till the majority went back to the line recently

If EVERYBODY at ASA with scheduled reduced rest overnights made the flight late enough to delay the flights the next morning they would go away GUARANTEED!!

Instead you guys come on here like little whiney beeches and cry about 8 hour overnights. I for one have NEVER successfully done a scheduled RR overnight. I ALWAYS have to get my duty in time adjusted. Just ground the airplane for an hours worth of MTC.

If we ALL did this every time we had a RR overnight, THEY WOULD GO AWAY!!

Pick your poison. RR overnights or low value trips.

ALPA builds the pairings for Gods sake.

Latest resources

Back