Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tank68

PBS Thumbs up or Down?

Just wondering what those of you who bid using PBS think of the system?

And for my SWA brothers is PBS avoidable or is it right up there with death and taxes?

We use Carman/Jepp at CAL and it sucks. Too complicated with too many variables. Wrecked QOL.

At TWA we used Ad Opt and it worked very well. I usually got 90% of what I asked for and the best seniority I was ever at on any airplane was around 50%.

I think PBS, if it's a good product, is a good thing.

CAL's PBS is a great example of the negatives. Once I crossed the "splat line," life suddenly got really good. I had to cross the fifty percent mark on seniority. There wasn't a grey month either. It went from pure crap to exactly what I want. To me, a PBS system should be more equitable. As it stands here, it favors the senior pilots above the splat line at the cost of those below. The closer we get to summer flying scheds, the higher the splat line climbs.
There are other issues, but it depends on who you ask. Some guys feel they are getting shafted on their vacation time, others say it works out for them. It's too inconsistant.
A friend of mine who's senior to me bid to get Thanksgiving off. Since I was relatively junior, I didn't bother to and assumed that I'd work that day. I actually got the day off without trying and he ended up working it. The PBS gurus were quick to point fingers, but it just shouldn't have happened in my opinion.

I like it....that with flica and you can usually get whatever you want.

PBS Thumbs up or Down?

Just wondering what those of you who bid using PBS think of the system?

And for my SWA brothers is PBS avoidable or is it right up there with death and taxes?

Why are you even going here? The company has not asked for it so why are we?

How do you know what the company has asked for? You a fly on the wall in the negotiating room? I have heard nothing but would not be surprised if PBS is in the company's proposal. Their arguement is it saves money. Well I would like to know more about the system before they asked of me to vote on it. (if it comes to that)

In my judgment it is not a miscarriage of what is just and fair, it is an abortion. I cannot understand how it is this was accepted by CAL ALPA

Latest resources

Back