• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PBS Frontline expose' on regional airline industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your right. It's just amazing that ALPA is ok with this and has been for decades. I still think they equate CRJ flying to flying a Metro.

No, flying a Metro is much harder...

I disagree. Mesaba has a lot of experienced Capts and FOs, but also a lot of FOs with little experiences. I met bunch of low time FOs from Mesaba in the employee bus. 9E, doesnt have too many low time guys now because they havent hired for a while.

Comair is same as XJ. A lot of experienced guys, but also a few low timers because some of my friends got hired there with low experience.

It all depends on when they last hired pilots.

Alot of these low timers are being furloughed at this time. XJ has very very experienced captains, with a training department that is very tough on the new captain 'type ride' if you get my meaning.You get your 'type' at Mesaba you have accomplished something you can be proud of.

I will help you out. Represent either the regionals or the majors,not both. Slight,conflict of interest.
No, I understand the issues and reality... however it seems that many don't. Getting excited about a the RAA only indicates that the puppet isn't aware of his strings....

As far as one union representing both regionals and majors as a conflict of interests..... as bad as it may seem.... a regional pilots association would not do well.

First it is a simple issue of money. How much dues would this regional union have to levy to be effective?

Second, politcal effectiveness. Is it better to work with your "internal" opposition or conflict of interest, under the same umbrella or seperate?

While it seems attractive to create a regional union or simply have no representation at all... the best course of action to remain and work to effect positive change. Easier said than done... no doubt...

But Fake Bake is counting on it....

Latest resources

Back