Pay up or get fired

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cowboy75

USAPA is serious about collecting past dues and is seeking the termination of pilots who are delinquent. I just checked the latest list of about 100 pilots. Pilots based in BOS, CLT, DCA, LAS, LGA, PHL and PHX are on the list.

The company has said it will terminate pilots who have not paid. Don't risk it.

What a FINE union doing such OUTSTANDING work for it's membership...and ALPA was the enemy?

USAPA is the most fratricidal organization to ever hit organized labor. It'd be a joke if it weren't so tragic and disgusting.

What a FINE union doing such OUTSTANDING work for it's membership...and ALPA was the enemy?

Doug Parker hosts Q&A for pilots and FA's. Last one I attended, Parker opens up with a statement about our obligation to pay USAPA or be terminated.

Ironic, Doug Parker US Airways CEO and USAPA bill collector.

What other option do they have? You can't have a union with any kind of effectiveness without reliable cash flow. The problme will only get worse.

Scott

Big Union=Big Business. What is USAPA doing to deliquent pilot credit ratings?
Seems like having an "in-house" union is the best route in this day of political coorruption and greed.

Ok, help me out here folks, I'm a little fuzzy...why would management care if a pilot was delinquent in their dues to the union?

Ok, help me out here folks, I'm a little fuzzy...why would management care if a pilot was delinquent in their dues to the union?

The company does has a contractual obligation to fire pilots by the request of USAPA for non-payment. USAPA makes the request the company has to comply.

Hey...I got one of the section 29 letters, as have a huge number of West pilots. Those who haven't will. It sucks. It does. But let's be realistic, pretty much EVERY union has he same ability. ALPA did, but they weren't noted for actually perusing terminations. The day USAPA got voted in by the East pilots (*who are the majority of the new USAir family, and hey..it's a democracy, right?) I knew I was going to have to start writing them checks. I may not like it, but it's the reality we live in. The reason I didn't pay my dues until I got the termination threat is because USAPA had demonstrated their primary purpose was serving the needs of EAST pilots, not USAir pilots. Enormous sums of money wasted on frivolous legal proceedings against West pilots, their willingness to fight the DFR lawsuit all the way to the Supreme Court, etc. When does it end?

In recent months, I think USAPA has made some strides to equally represent West pilots. They have been small gestures, but it's a start. They sought the help of the former AWA MEC Vice-Chair in an arbitration against the company that ONLY benefits West pilots. HOWEVER, USAPA is still pursuing legal action against that same guy for racketeering. WTF is up with THAT? At some point the entire group, EAST and WEST needs to start to use the union as a tool to represent all pilots as we wrestle with the desires of the company. Until they do, it's stll East vs. West...and USAPA primarily represents the East, and the West doesn't like sending them money to support their efforts that are used against them.

Latest resources

Back