• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay up or get fired

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every USAirways pilot who thinks they are worth more than USAPA will ever provide (including the $10 turkey) must commit to doing all they can to remove Cleary and USAPA from power. Going with NO union would be a huge improvement over USAPA and might be the only thing that allows the pilot groups to move forward.

Once the seniority integration issue is laid to rest then ALL the US pilots can craft a constitution for a union that doesn't disenfranchise the minority.

Ironic that in order to do what was Prater's responsibility to begin with, the pilots might have to forego all union protection for a while.

How many pilots has USAPA been able to fire for not paying so far?

ZERO

thats true....only the company can hire...and fire. the Union can't do it....but the union can pressure the company to comply with the CBA.

And that is what they are doing.

I do remember ALPA having the "legacy" carrier I worked for, send out letters to pilots who would not pay the Eastern strike assessment.

None of the pilots got terminated. Because after they got the letters from the company...they decided to pay up.

I had a buddy that just paid his entire outstanding balance in pennies. Not rolled up or anyting, just in a big box. to make it better, he took a hammer and bent a bunch of them so they would not go through a coin counter/coinstar machine.

I had a buddy that just paid his entire outstanding balance in pennies. Not rolled up or anyting, just in a big box. to make it better, he took a hammer and bent a bunch of them so they would not go through a coin counter/coinstar machine.

Ahhh...Tell your BUDDY!! that destroying/defacing
US currency is a federal offence!! D-A$$!!

"..Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined not more than $100 or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Defacement of currency in such a way that it is made unfit for circulation comes under the jurisdiction of the United States Secret Service...."

Ahhh...Tell your BUDDY!! that destroying/defacing
US currency is a federal offence!! D-A$$!!

He should have bought a penny pressing machine. Much less work and according to a penny pressing website, legal:

Is it legal?
The most commonly asked question, and most misunderstood. The basic answer is Yes. We have two basic versions of our machines: the US model that allow the user to put in their own penny, for markets where the law allows; and the International model equipped with a coin hopper inside of it that delivers its own coin to the press when the user puts in their money. The law varies from country to country, but we have machines for both circumstances.

Here is the simple truth: USAPA is the legal CBA, they have been the CBA since April 2008 and all pilots employed at USAirways must pay dues. I understand some of you all out west have trouble abiding by federal laws (RICO) but really, isn't it time to grow up?

Here is the simple truth: USAPA is the legal CBA, they have been the CBA since April 2008 and all pilots employed at USAirways must pay dues. I understand some of you all out west have trouble abiding by federal laws (RICO) but really, isn't it time to grow up?

Well let's see, what part of DFR don't you understand?

As far as USAPA being the legal CBA, that will change, very, very shortly.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back