• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay up or get fired

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where does USAPA get it's legal advice from? What about past-precedence? Recall the DAL pilots who sued DALPA for the right NOT to pay union dues (and this despite DALPA getting them a stellar contract in 2001 just prior to 9/11.).

How come they don't just take the monthly dues out of your paycheck? That's what they did when I was at AE. Granted, that was AMR.

They will if you sign up for it. It's called Dues Checkoff. When USAPA took over, they tried to get the company to apply previous ALPA dues checkoffs to USAPA dues collection. Company was smart enough to know better. New union, new form to sign.

Arizona is a right to work state. They can't compel Westies to join. Tell 'em to pound sand.

Listen, all you delinquent pilots better start paying what you SHOULD have been paying almost two years ago before you get fired. USAPA is a union for USAir pilots and that includes you guys. Figure it out, this isn't rocket science.

Listen, all you delinquent pilots better start paying what you SHOULD have been paying almost two years ago before you get fired. USAPA is a union for USAir pilots and that includes you guys. Figure it out, this isn't rocket science.

How many pilots has USAPA been able to fire for not paying so far?

ZERO

Losers...

" What a FINE union doing such OUTSTANDING work for it's membership...and ALPA was the enemy. (?)"

All ALPA / Teamster's / Contracts allow the same thing.

I'm Sorry, But...Have you ever actually read your Union Contract?

THIS IS STANDARD LANGUAGE. ( Company firing of Non-Dues paying Union Members. )

Unfortunately.

YKMKR

P.S. - Don't get me wrong....USAPA / US-Whatever- Doosh- Bag -Airways/....Can "Sark MY DonK."

What a Pile-Of-A-Holes.

Last edited:
Getting the former AWA pilots to pay back back dues for services not rendered is bullsh1t! THat would be money paid for debts the USAPA incurred fighting those same pilots. Now, legally the USAPA is the recognzied rep for USAir pilots (all of them), the former AWA pilots should start paying dues fromnow on, but no back dues.

I would say the AWA guys need to go back to the judge on the last ruling and get the dues things included in this decision. He needs to rule on what the West pilot owe in the way of dues (if any thing) for "past services" , as well as when they should start paying dues to USAPA.

Just my opinion......

FNG

Latest resources

Back