Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay: Should Delta/United get raises or SWA pilots take a paycut?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The main reason that PBS saves money is month-to-month integration. It eliminates the integration conflicts that cause companies to have to artificially inflate staffing to cover those first few days of the month with pilots that they really don't need for the rest of the month. SWA could certainly gain efficiencies with PBS.

From what I've heard from the guys at ASA, their PBS system hasn't negatively affected vacation, and might have actually improved it.

APPLES to ORANGES, Spent 12 years at a commuter, PBS would've helped there as well, It would've constrained managements slave-like constraints on the pilot group, here (at SW), this is not the issue!

WE DO NOT NEED PBS NOR DO WE WANT PBS AT SWA!!!

KBB

The main reason that PBS saves money is month-to-month integration. It eliminates the integration conflicts that cause companies to have to artificially inflate staffing to cover those first few days of the month with pilots that they really don't need for the rest of the month. SWA could certainly gain efficiencies with PBS.

From what I've heard from the guys at ASA, their PBS system hasn't negatively affected vacation, and might have actually improved it.[/QUOTE]

Sure my GED buddy. SWA would love to give us more money for our vacation. You will not be alone IF you come to SWA, we have other idiots that think like you do.

Wages need to be some where between United/American and Southwest's. Southwest probably pays too much but American/United guys probably need a little boost. This would probably be fair.

Maybe this guy spent poring over huge stacks of SEC filings, privileged internal balance sheets, yield data for each city, oil price forecasts, etc all of which led to a considered professional opinion on what wages need to be for the industry to survive.

Or maybe he is a jackass.

Maybe this guy spent poring over huge stacks of SEC filings, privileged internal balance sheets, yield data for each city, oil price forecasts, etc all of which led to a considered professional opinion on what wages need to be for the industry to survive.

Or maybe he is a jackass.

DING DING DING!

We have a winner!

Peace.

Rekks

PCL, PBS would kill our pilot group flexibility. Trust me our productivity makes our company money. PBS is only good if you are in the top ten percent.

PBS doesn't kill flexibility at all. You can still have all of the schedule adjustment rules that you have right now. The schedule that you start with is just done through PBS instead of line bidding, which means that most pilots would have to do less with schedule adjustments.

PBS doesn't kill flexibility at all. You can still have all of the schedule adjustment rules that you have right now. The schedule that you start with is just done through PBS instead of line bidding, which means that most pilots would have to do less with schedule adjustments.

PCL- do yourself and the pilot group a big favor and stop talking until you have had a chance to live under our current bidding and vacation contract. SWA is pushing for PBS so they can pay you less. Thank me later.

PCL- do yourself and the pilot group a big favor and stop talking until you have had a chance to live under our current bidding and vacation contract. SWA is pushing for PBS so they can pay you less. Thank me later.

I second that. DO not try to help the SWA pilots like you did the AT pilots.

One thing for sure, you bat 1000.

40% of AirTran pilots that are enjoying your money losing Reserve system this month .... Strongly disagree that you have a clue how to make pilots money. It's a wash, including the payraise.

Lee Moak loves PBS.

40% of AirTran pilots that are enjoying your money losing Reserve system this month .... Strongly disagree that you have a clue how to make pilots money. It's a wash, including the payraise.

Lee Moak loves PBS.

GK does also. I have no doubt that someday we will have it forced upon us. Just not sure why some want to do it to ourselves .

Death by Bula Bula :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back