• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay raise for Southwest today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>True except section 6 opens in April 06 - postphoned from 2005, by company request<<

Not exactly. The opener date never changed. The original agreement said we would start exploratory meetings before the opener date and that is what was postponed by mutual agreement of swapa and SWA.

As far as us bringing everyone else down, that's bunk. Our pay has risen substantially over the last few years and our total compensation has always been competitive.

website w/entire contract

Anyone know where there is a website to view the southwest contract. I found the airline pay website, but that is just the hourly stuff. Thanks in advance :)

ironwedge said:
Maybe a SWA guy will correct me, but I believe the raise was indexed to profits. I think their section six opener isn't until 2009?
There was a minimum and the profitability added to it.

Therefore, the pay raise on 9/1/05 will be 4.76 percent.
(3.5% + 1.26%)

09/01/2005 3.5%
The pay increases in each of the above six years are guaranteed. On September 1, 2002, 2003 and 2005, an additional pay increase of up to 3.6% will occur should the adjusted operating margin in the Company calendar year ending the previous December 31 (or the immediately preceding July 1 - June 30, whichever is higher) exceed nine (9%) percent.

Latest resources

Back