• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay for Time or Training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Is the Alpine Air FO program PFT and/or a good way to build time/experience?

• This is just as lame as PFT

Votes: 137 68.5%
  • This is a great way to build time/experience

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • While the experience is good, the method is questionable

Votes: 34 17.0%

• Total voters
1. Do whatever it takes to get you where you want to go.

2. Be aggressive when it comes to your career.

3. Take no prisoners.

4. Don't worry too much about what others think.

5. Stay focused.

Pft

1. Do whatever it takes to get you where you want to go.

2. Be aggressive when it comes to your career.

3. Take no prisoners.

4. Don't worry too much about what others think.

5. Stay focused.
(emphasis added)

Bad advice. "Others" will comprise your pilot interview board and will have likely earned their jobs. They will let you know what they think of your "aggressive" "career" "building" by way of blackball.

You have been warned.

bobbysamd said:
Better prepare yourself for a long stay at ASA. Your peers at the next step up, the majors, nationals, turbojets, LCCs, whatever, won't take kindly to your buying a job. As Ricky Ricardo said to Lucy, you will have some 'splainin' to do come interview time.

Anyone can buy a job. The only thing needed is money. No need for ability or qualifications. However, it takes some wherewithal and doing, not to mention qualifications, to be hired for free.

By now, you might have realized that even this job was not worth buying, to-wit, your having to work a second job. Proving once more that no job is worth buying.

Sad but true!!...When fantasy met reality for me, I would have been better off in my prior career, at least there I had a pension!!

Rob

Ty,

honey where have you been? You were supposed to be home hours ago. Now fix that weed-whacker and get out in the lawn and work.

Love,

Becky

may said:
I also own a bar

Wow.......Hate PFT and own a bar?!?!?! That's A-OK in my book!!!!

The_Russian said:
Ty,

honey where have you been? You were supposed to be home hours ago. Now fix that weed-whacker and get out in the lawn and work.

Love,

Becky

I'm not much for weed-whacking, but I have trimmed a few unruly bushes :cool: .

Last edited:
After starting some of these debates I have learned a lot. I was dead set on PFT but it is too much freakin money! I got my commercials at sheble's and my CFI at www.amfly.com all for under 10 grand including hotels and travel expense. I go to my first CFI interview on Sunday and have been asked to teach Private Pilot ground school at a local community college.

Light seen

mcjohn said:
After starting some of these debates I have learned a lot. I was dead set on PFT but it is too much freakin money! I got my commercials at sheble's and my CFI at www.amfly.com all for under 10 grand including hotels and travel expense. I go to my first CFI interview on Sunday and have been asked to teach Private Pilot ground school at a local community college.
Unless you're pulling an April Fool's joke on us, glad to know that you have seen the light.

See?? Your CFI tickets are already opening doors. With a little more luck, you will soon be building legitimate experience that will land you a legitimate regional job. E.g., Xjet's mins, which are something like 700 total-200 or less of multi.

P-F-T is not a matter of money; it's a matter of doing the right thing.

Good luck with your interview

Latest resources

Back